Shoot with Erica - CC Requested

Austin Greene

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.austingreenephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Feeling the urge to shoot today, I put out a notice via a campus Facebook page that I was looking to do a photo shoot. Sure enough, I had a model signed up about 3 minutes later! (I love college campuses!). Long story short, I had roughly 45 minutes of shooting time, which I feel were rather productive (these are my 3 favorites). Having just invested in a new field-portraiture kit (shorter, lighter stand / 43" collapsing umbrella) I wanted to give the gear a try rather than toting one of my 10' stands. I kind of wish I had also packed a reflector, but it didn't fit in the backpack and I was carrying this stuff to classes all day.

As such, all images are with a single flash.

Anyways, your CC is appreciated! I'm ramping up my portraiture efforts, and I always appreciate direction.

Erica by TogaLive, on Flickr

I realize now that the model's left eye looks a tad funny. Oh well. There's about an 40ft drop on the other side of her, so any kind of backlighting wasn't possible, even if I had the gear. A bit of a shame.

First shot of the night. Felt pretty good about it. The tree in the background is a tad distracting.

By far my favorite shot from the night. A drab sunset just exploded in color for a few short minutes, and I did my best to capture it. I do wish I had a reflector here though...

Hope you enjoyed them, and please give me your thoughts!

Last edited:
Far from being an expert but I think technically they are great but the model doesn't look very comfortable. Maybe slightly different poses. Just an opinion.

I think these are fantastic. 2 & 3 are my favorites, for sure!!! #3 is outstanding!

Great shots! No. 2 is my favorite. I find the line between light and dark bisecting her head in 3 to be a little distracting. I look at her face and my eyes get pulled up to the light spot by her hand. Good job.

By far my favorite shot from the night. A drab sunset just exploded in color for a few short minutes, and I did my best to capture it. I do wish I had a reflector here though...

Agreed. I think they all could have used a fill. Wish #3 put the horizon a bit lower down to fill the entire upper portion above the wall with color.

I suppose one could argue about a little fill, but honestly, they are nicely done to my eye. Her skin looks amazing, she looks "sexy" but not like a sex object, and the light that is present has an appealing chiaroscuro quality. They are above average "glamour" style shots, imo.

I think you and the model did a terrific job. I loved them all. They have great contrast.

I think all three are great. I love the dramatic lighting of only one source. It creates a mood. Very good job.

Well done! That's a great looking model too; I would definitely suggest shooting with her again.

All look fantastic to me. #2 I think is my favorite.. I love the colors in 3 but if you are looking for a nitpick I wish it were just a taddddd less dark on the one side of her face on that one. That's pretty much the only reason I prefer 2 over 3.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back