Shooting A Double Exposure

bronwyngreen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm shooting on an ISO 400 film at the moment.
Here is my thoughts on double exposing:
-Shooting with a shutter speed of 1/1200 with a light meter reading of 11, I should shoot at somewhere around a f/22 for both photos to get the proper exposure (considering I'm shooting in the same setting or in a setting with the same light meter reading.

True or false?

Last edited:
I just want to experiment with making people look transparent, and also layering and replacing. I just figured that if you exposed something twice on the suggested apeture it would over expose the film.

I dont know the correct answer but F5.6 lets in alot more light than f11 so the 2 photos at F5.6 will be alot brighter than 1 photo at F11 at 1/1200. I would think you would need to start at F22 and take the 2 shots?!? But not really sure. Would it not be easier to keep the same aperture and change the shutter speed?

I dont know the correct answer but F5.6 lets in alot more light than f11 so the 2 photos at F5.6 will be alot brighter than 1 photo at F11 at 1/1200. I would think you would need to start at F22 and take the 2 shots?!? But not really sure. Would it not be easier to keep the same aperture and change the shutter speed?
Oh crap yeah you're right. My math brain kicked in there. I definitely meant f/22.

I just want to experiment with making people look transparent, and also layering and replacing. I just figured that if you exposed something twice on the suggested apeture it would over expose the film.

Ive never developed film but digital all I do is take 2 identical pictures as far as exposure and remove my subject from 1 of them. Than in photoshop combine the photos and adjust the opacity on one of them so the subject is transparent. The exposure is the same on both only difference is the subject is in on one and not the other. Hope this helps.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back