Shooting B&W in Raw

Understood,

just so you know, i went down and grabbed the d700, my manual and glasses.

Gee, found the menu you talked about, and some options in another place that lets one apply several options to a photo already on the card.

So I have been sitting here, one eye on the ball game, the other on stupid shots of the bookcase in various strange tones :lol:

Yes, Nikon has developed "in-camera editing" over the past three years...kind of neat, really, since it allows a person who is without a computer at hand to edit images in multiple ways, using only the camera! With the "need for speed" in today's photojournalism and on-line publishing, this means that the photographer CAN dispense with the laptop, and still have a way to edit his or her selects while in the field, at the hotel, in the car,etc.,etc. What interesting times we live in!

Frankly, I thought it was a bit much. Who has time to think of all these things before firing a shutter. However, short sided thinking on my part. Never occurred to me about after the fact. Makes a lot of sense when put in that manner.

Always shoot in RAW. There is no point to spend money for the photo camera and then not use its full capacity.
RAW format will record the most informations.It might seem not important for analog photographers. By informations I mean, contrast, colors, sharpness all this good stuff.

You can convert all RAW images to black and white later on your computer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back