Shooting bands in low light

No chance with the lenses you have, also you will probably have to shoot minimum ISO1600 dont worry about noise because they will make great black and white not sure how your camera handles noise, i usually shoot ISO3200 and use a 50F1.4 and 200mmF2.8L and looking at getting the 85F1.8
Heres some i did for Paul Carrack hover over the picture and you can click on info for exif Gary Clarke : photos : Paul Carrack @ The Winding Wheel

Don't use flash unless you know what you are doing it will spoil the shots try and use the lights they have try and time your shots to the lights

I dont get the whole "no shot with the lenses you use". I use the a 18-55 and a 55-200 with a 200ISO always and take concert photography in some of the crappiest darkest places, and my pictures come out great.

No chance with the lenses you have, also you will probably have to shoot minimum ISO1600 dont worry about noise because they will make great black and white not sure how your camera handles noise, i usually shoot ISO3200 and use a 50F1.4 and 200mmF2.8L and looking at getting the 85F1.8
Heres some i did for Paul Carrack hover over the picture and you can click on info for exif Gary Clarke : photos : Paul Carrack @ The Winding Wheel

Don't use flash unless you know what you are doing it will spoil the shots try and use the lights they have try and time your shots to the lights

I dont get the whole "no shot with the lenses you use". I use the a 18-55 and a 55-200 with a 200ISO always and take concert photography in some of the crappiest darkest places, and my pictures come out great.

There must be lots of light or you are using flash because you wouldn't get any shots at ISO200 were i shoot

biancarose there is no way you can get low light shots at iso200 with a kit lens or any lens i would say. I looked at your site and there are some nice shots. Looks like a lot of flash work i would say. From my experience you need a bright day for iso200. I cant comment on a f1.4 lens but i know my kit lense will not work very at iso200 on a dull day if i want any chance of freezing the action.

For the last 7-10 bands I have shot (6 of them were the same day) I have not used flash, and just utilized stage lighting and timing. And, I actually think they were some of my best pictures. If you want, you can see them on my myspace www.myspace.com/shaddylittleroad

I used kit lense and an ISO of 200 and no flash at all. I just got really creative. :lol:

Most reactions

Back