Shooting Drugs CC

Opher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I removed some of the data because there was way to much.

Aside from the crazy amount of grain what do you think?

A pill bottle?:scratch:

Since you asked, I think it's kind of boring and you didn't put much thought into it.

I think not enough pills....

You have the pills and the bottle competing, but the bottle isn't interesting and there aren't enough pills in the shot to make them the focus ... I would turn it, have the bottle opening facing the camera at a slight angle (still have the bottom visible a bit).. Then more pills spilling out like it was tipped over, you can even try tipping it over. Cap somewhere back there on the side OOF. Then use your DOF and feather it so the pills are in focus (OOF focus leading to them) and the bottle is OOF fading away...

Just the rant of a madman.

A pill bottle?:scratch:

Since you asked, I think it's kind of boring and you didn't put much thought into it.

Ya i was mostly just trying to avoid sleep and thought it was an interesting concept.

I think not enough pills....

You have the pills and the bottle competing, but the bottle isn't interesting and there aren't enough pills in the shot to make them the focus ... I would turn it, have the bottle opening facing the camera at a slight angle (still have the bottom visible a bit).. Then more pills spilling out like it was tipped over, you can even try tipping it over. Cap somewhere back there on the side OOF. Then use your DOF and feather it so the pills are in focus (OOF focus leading to them) and the bottle is OOF fading away...

Just the rant of a madman.

I completely agree we need MORE PILLS!
I will try more next time. I only had about 5 to work with :-/

Thank you both for your comments.
More are welcome

To be honest, I find the shot a bit cliche. However, I think that there is great potential to make it interesting by adding some wacky effect to go with the drug theme - for instance (I'm not sure what the proper name for this is) but when you use a flash to illuminate the subject (pills and bottle) but have a long shutter speed to properly expose the background, and you zoom in during the time of the exposure which distorts the background....

kinda like this:
Flickr Photo Download: Best Foot Forward

That is just an example anyway, but yeah I would try and spice it up a bit. Also, since you're posting for c&c it would be nice if you did more than a 2 minute job on blurring the writing on the bottle :)

Right click delete, boring
Right click ban, win.
Don't be so rude, at least be constructive.

How can i be constructive with a shot like that, deleting it is the best thing to do, i'm not into boosting peoples ego's, too many posters say "nice shot" when it is garbage

Right click delete, boring
Right click ban, win.

How can i be constructive with a shot like that, deleting it is the best thing to do, i'm not into boosting peoples ego's, too many posters say "nice shot" when it is garbage

Well Fokker managed to do it without being a rude fuckhead, unlike yourself.
He said "To be honest, I find the shot a bit cliche." THEN gave constructive criticism.
If I followed your advice for commenting people, best thing I could tell you is... Well, it's not exactly suitable for the board.
There was no reason to be so rude to Opher.

Right click ban, win.

Well Fokker managed to do it without being a rude fuckhead, unlike yourself.
He said "To be honest, I find the shot a bit cliche." THEN gave constructive criticism.
If I followed your advice for commenting people, best thing I could tell you is... Well, it's not exactly suitable for the board.
There was no reason to be so rude to Opher.

Only telling the truth, i'll have another go
Nice DOF but boring ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back