Shooting Glass

The Phototron

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
2195600329_a1f3fed6e9.jpg

2. (Ignore the dot on the left side for now, it's been fixed, just that the upload takes forever)
2196386950_03d0079a09_b.jpg

What do you think?

Btw, feel free to leave advices on how to shoot glasses, make the set up, etc.

#2 really is a beautiful image! Probably one of the best I've seen on TPF as of late!!!

Yeah I like #2. Great color and light tones, the liquid looks thick (#1 it's way too transparent and unappealing), and that drop going down the side is killer. Such a clear disturbance in an otherwise perfect frame....gah it's upsetting me!! but that's good!!!

I like number 2, very nice
Thanks!
Yeah I like #2. Great color and light tones, the liquid looks thick (#1 it's way too transparent and unappealing), and that drop going down the side is killer. Such a clear disturbance in an otherwise perfect frame....gah it's upsetting me!! but that's good!!!
Thanks rob!

The drop was due to my clumsy hands while pouring in the syrup. :lol:

Great photos, esp number 2. How did you set up the glass? What settings did you use on the camera?

Great pics!

#2 is HAWT:thumbup:

Fantastic job with number 2, the only comment would be that the picture might benefit if the glass was cleaned. Also whats in the glass? wine?

i love the lighting around the glass in number 2. i find it spectacular! and the contrast of the deep red to that light is just perfect.

great shot!!!!!

i love the lighting around the glass in number 2. i find it spectacular! and the contrast of the deep red to that light is just perfect.

great shot!!!!!
Thanks, shame the lighting is a failure. I have to compensate with photoshop.
Fantastic job with number 2, the only comment would be that the picture might benefit if the glass was cleaned. Also whats in the glass? wine?
Lol, spot on! I didn't intended the shots as keepers, more like practice. It's an inherent weakness with me, to treat experiments clumsily.
Wow... Nice job on #2!
Thanks!
Great pics!

#2 is HAWT:thumbup:
Thanks M1M!
I would think it more a matter of lighting technique than camera settings.
Precisely! I screwed on the lighting so don't ask me. Though I would point you to the book, Light: Science and Magic.
Great photos, esp number 2. How did you set up the glass? What settings did you use on the camera?
Thanks! As pointed out by jstuedle, it's more about lighting than camera setting, of course it matters too, but camera setting is not the deciding factor.
i like #2
Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back