Shooting in MANUAL mode and still blurry pics! HELP!

I was $6000 back when it was the latest and greatest. January 2004 to the end of 3rd quarter 2005, when it was replaced by the 1D Mk II N.

The 1D Mk III appeared Jan. 2007 and held sway till the curent 1D Mk IV was launched 4th quarter 2009.

Thanks everyone! I clearly see where I am going wrong. This is a new lens for me because it is a full manual lens (Vivitar 85mm). My other lens have auto focus on them and I relied on them a lot with all of my previous work. What I was trying to do during this shoot was to have her in focus but have the background completely blurred, I wanted a soft romantic look/very surreal, so my error was keeping the aperature at 1.4 or 2.4 I was wavering around due to the sunlight. I kept changing the aperature up and down as the sun was brighter and not really using ISO because I didn't need anymore brightness to the lens. I am failing to not study my basics and depending alot on just doing it until it looks right haha (I know bad..very bad!) :lol: I have to admit I have a lot of amazing photographs that will stump a lot of people, it even stumps me but the reality is I need to learn the basics really well, it will make my job soooooo much easier and I would feel so much more confident! In reply to KmH....my camera, back in the day was a $6k camera, I bought it slightly used and paid a fraction of that price! I wanted quality and at the price I got it for you would have purchased it too! Its still a very fast, quality camera today but low megapixels, only 10mps....my eye is on the 5d Mark II right now but first things first is getting my homework done and stopping this nonsense of mine and learn a thing or two the right way lol! I am just not a technical person at all and I know a lot of photographers that make killer money who are just like me, they are all self taught, have studios and work with model agencies! Crazy huh? I'm sure you pros out there are not surprised by hearing this and some might be cringing right now :meh:

I really do appreciate all the advice!! Thanks so much! I will read the links sent to me, I'm sure they will be a huge help!!

I am just not a technical person at all and I know a lot of photographers that make killer money who are just like me, they are all self taught, have studios and work with model agencies!

Most people here is not a pro, and most is self-taught.
the important thing is to realize that "self-taught" means before all "taught". And I bet most pros will tell you that only a small percentage of photographers make killer money (someone time ago posted statistics on average photographer income in US: nothing to get excited).

Switching on 5D will not solve this specific problem. Changing focusing screen on your current camera may help. Exercise helps more.

Most reactions

Back