shooting in the rain

ksmattfish

Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still
Reaction score
Website
www.henrypeach.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Every few weeks we get questions about how to keep cameras dry while shooting in the rain. I just stumbled across a new product called a Pelican Rain Cover. It seems to be a water proof cover that goes over an SLR on a tripod, and has a drawstring opening that would close just behind a lens hood. It looked handy. I wasn't able to find a link to a dealer with a pic, but their are pics of it on Ebay.

these things been around for years

artcity-com_1839_173243779.jpj

Thanks for the post. Everytime I inquire about this kind of product in a local camera shop I get told "Dont shoot in the rain. But if you have to use a plastic bag". Thing is where I live we get a lot of rain. Sometimes every day for weeks!

I have been looking for something designed for the task but I am curious how it works around the viewfinder.

Dweller said:
I have been looking for something designed for the task but I am curious how it works around the viewfinder.

I think the photog gets under the cover too.

I do not recall seen anyone under one of these at a football or baseball game, you would not fit under the ones made for 35mm, the TV networks have larger ones, but ever their camera men don’t get under cover, but you could if it had one over sided for the camera

Most reactions

Back