Shooting @ ISO 1600 with the Nikon D90 CC Please

ffd796

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just picked up a D90 last week and this week I was trying out the ISO.

Let me know what you think?

3339044179_006518f51c.jpg

I'm impressed -- especially at ISO 1600, I think the image looks great. Good composition as well. Nice job catching the little guy without disturbing him.

Very nice. Did you use any PP NR? I usually get the same results. What lens was this with?

No PP NR, that was with a Nikon 80 - 200mm 2.8 lens.

Wow, I am looking at the 105 VR.

Looks good,....but honestly...it looks like about the same amount of grain that I got shooting the D90 at ISO3200.

Resizing the photo to a size smaller than the original makes it appear as if there's less noise for a given ISO.

I get similar performance out of my Canon.

ISO 1600:
IMG_0320.jpg

ISO 3200:
IMG_0321.jpg

ISO 6400:
IMG_0322.jpg

:D

Ok, ok... I cheated and used the 5D. The 50D isn't so pretty.

Resizing the photo to a size smaller than the original makes it appear as if there's less noise for a given ISO.

I know....but my resized example is even larger than his and seems to have lower noise (to my eyes at least)

Example of D90 at ISO 3200 (shot number 5 from my D90 so I haven't done a ton of testing)
2009-02-27.jpg

The noise is no different in the color version in case that's the argument. I think it has to do with getting the exposure right versus exposure increase in PP that the OP may have done.

The noise is no different in the color version in case that's the argument.
Actually, CA noise is the little red, blue and green specs you see in dark areas of color photographs. In B&W they are mostly invisible.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back