Shooting people in the street - c & c welcome

Lazy Photographer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
lazyphotographer.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been pushing myself to ask strangers if I can photograph them. Surprisingly, I've actually had some success. A couple were homeless and I offered them money. You'll know which shots below were the ones where I asked. The others are from a couple of past outings.

PortraitDay-1006-EDITED.jpg

PortraitDay-0360-EDITED.jpg

FetishFair-361-EDITED.jpg

PortraitDay-0186-EDITED.jpg

PortraitDay-0366-EDITED.jpg

FetishFair-284-EDITED.jpg

PortraitDay-0979-EDITED.jpg

PortraitDay-0758-EDITED.jpg

dude these are great! What edit are you doing if you dont mind me asking? Are you doing vingette?

All are great, but 1/3 are the excellent/standout'ish of the group. Love it.

Always impressed with some of your shots, great job. And damn, the lady in 6 is deff coming out, lol.

Thanks everyone. All photos were edited in Lightroom 3, which I've been using since August. I used to use ACDSee Photo Pro but switched this summer. Yes, I've added some vignetting to all shots. It's just my style. I should probably try to break away from that habit.

Such a great set! Awesome photos! 3 and 8 do it for me.

I really like number 8. I like the composition, and contrast. I think it might look better if you took off a little on the right (maybe the first morter line). I might also try to dodge her eye sockets, as they seem a hair dark.

Beautiful street photos... something I need to do and you're helping me in the inspiration department. Guessing you used your Tamron 17-50 for all of these? Great lens.. that's what I would have brought as well - forces you to get up close an personal.

Thanks for sharing. No c&c from me, wouldn't change a thing..

Thanks again. Yes, all shots were with my 17-50. I've been shooting at F5.6 lately whenever possible and I can see a noticeable difference in sharpness. Great lens.

Really appreciate the generous feedback, everyone. It's interesting to see which photos people are drawn to. For the record, I think my favs are 1 and 3.

The last one seems so dreamy

Great people shots! The last one is astounding - I haven't seen a portrait that good in a while - makes me think of Dorothea Lange or Walker Evans.

No. 2 is interesting too. What do you think of cropping a lot off the top and a little off the bottom to make it almost square and highlight all the red and yellow that run through the image horizontally?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back