mdw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
pixelbalance.eu
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi guys,

I was reading Practical Photography a while ago and saw some great shots of spring flowers. They discussed lighting and composition.

I thought to have a go at it with my new lens in my backyard. :D The setting sun gave some warm light here and there. These are the results, what do you think? I tried to get some springtime feeling and interesting shots...

thanx,

img9500db6.jpg

img9522xa8.jpg

img9515ve0.jpg

img9516bc3.jpg

#1 is my favorite.
For me the thing that makes that photo is the stark contrast between the blue of the flowers and the black of the background - and the way the lines of the stems lead my eyes to this contrast.
For me the pine cone on the bottom distracts a bit from these other elements.

Hi!

Thanks for your reply! I didn't even notice the pine cone on the bottom until you mentioned it! :D

It didn't yield a lot of replies, does this mean they are rather normal and boring then?! :p

Tips to improve?!

The second just refuses to show up for me just now, I'll try again later, maybe then it'll load, so I only see the first and the last two, and I do like the first, but feel I would have liked a smaller aperture / more DOF on that one. POV is good, you crouched so far down you were almost on the side of the flowers and got that faraway black background which Tangerini is mentioning as GOOD, too! Which it is.

But as to composition, I also like the last with the one flower in focus and a kind of "mirror flowers" out of focus, only is there a bit much empty space above them.

(There is something blue in the background in the other photo of the same flowers (3) which I find distracting and not going too well with the purple).

The light was perfect and brought out the colours - mostly so that of the green :heart: :lovey: around them - so well!

1st is favorite. The rest seem a tad OOF

But great colors!

#1 is my favorite.
For me the thing that makes that photo is the stark contrast between the blue of the flowers and the black of the background - and the way the lines of the stems lead my eyes to this contrast.
For me the pine cone on the bottom distracts a bit from these other elements.

My thoughts exactly.

Dani.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back