Shore-birds in the evening

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went to a spot I like at low tide as many wading birds show up. I have so many Osprey shots, but I will spare you for now, lol.. Comments welcome and thanks for looking

First the flight shots..
1 Snowy Egret
Snowy Egret in flight 8_10 by krisinct- Thanks for 2! Million + views!, on Flickr

2 Great Egret
Great Egret in flight 2 8_10 by krisinct- Thanks for 2! Million + views!, on Flickr

3 Juvenile Little Blue Heron
Juvenile Little Blue Heron in flight by krisinct- Thanks for 2! Million + views!, on Flickr

4 Tern
Tern 2 in flight 8_10 by krisinct- Thanks for 2! Million + views!, on Flickr

5 Great Egret
Great Egret Golden hour 8_10 by krisinct- Thanks for 2! Million + views!, on Flickr

6 Snowy
Snowy Egret dance 2 8_10 by krisinct- Thanks for 2! Million + views!, on Flickr

As always - W0W! The tern does it for me this time. Is that an out of focus egret in the background?

1st off, they're all good, but the colors in 5 & 6 are just stunning!

Kris, great shots, but I wonder about the white balance in 1,2 and 3 compared to it in 5 and 6. It seems to be a little off (on the greyish side) in the first three as the whites in 5 and 6 are much "whiter".

WesternGuy

As always - W0W! The tern does it for me this time. Is that an out of focus egret in the background?
Yup, guess that would be Egret-keh? LOL sure rendered it well :)
1st off, they're all good, but the colors in 5 & 6 are just stunning!
Thank you!

Kris, great shots, but I wonder about the white balance in 1,2 and 3 compared to it in 5 and 6. It seems to be a little off (on the greyish side) in the first three as the whites in 5 and 6 are much "whiter".

WesternGuy
Thanks WG, I think it is because the last couple were not in the sunlight at all and I could really get the whites. The first few all flew directly in front of me with a soft diffused setting sun behind me so the light was very different. Maybe I dropped the highlights a bit too much. Although they looked pretty good on my screen and I just calibrated it yesterday.. I'll have to take another look..

WesternGuy
Thanks WG, I think it is because the last couple were not in the sunlight at all and I could really get the whites. The first few all flew directly in front of me with a soft diffused setting sun behind me so the light was very different. Maybe I dropped the highlights a bit too much. Although they looked pretty good on my screen and I just calibrated it yesterday.. I'll have to take another look..[/QUOTE]

Kris, that explanation of the warm colours from the setting sun makes sense now that I know about it. The white feathers would pick up the colours from the setting sun. Thanks for the clarification.

WesternGuy

Most reactions

Back