Short eared owl

That's a Barred Owl

That's a Barred Owl
Thats kind of funny One place I said barred owl and they said short eared - so I will just say owl. Gotta love it when people seem to go out of there way to look for errors

Gotta love the ignore button.

That's a Barred Owl
Thats kind of funny One place I said barred owl and they said short eared - so I will just say owl. Gotta love it when people seem to go out of there way to look for errors

I actually do love it when someone with more experience than myself helps to identify the birds I photograph. I strive to be as accurate as possible, it helps me gain knowledge during my time on this earth. Keep in mind the "Just for fun" forum is a place where we can post our pictures without critique. Everywhere else is fair game. :)

That being said, Nice picture! My daughter loves Owls of all species!

That's a Barred Owl
I don't think rodbender was going out of his way to look for an error. It is 100% Barred Owl. Knowing the species is pretty important if you want to take the best possible images of the birds. They have different hunting patterns. There are some experienced bird photographers and birders on here that can help with ID...

That's a Barred Owl
I don't think rodbender was going out of his way to look for an error. It is 100% Barred Owl. Knowing the species is pretty important if you want to take the best possible images of the birds. They have different hunting patterns. There are some experienced bird photographers and birders on here that can help with ID...

No one was saying he was going out of his way to look for an error, I am sure he knows his birds and is correct. If you take the statement in context I was referring the difference in opinions between people.

Some people on this forum really seem to get

That's a Barred Owl

I certainly did not refer to any particular person looking for errors, for all you know I may have been referring to the second party mentioned.
I am sure rodbender knows his birds and I congratulate him on that, I know not my birds except maybe a robin or ver common birds.

I have no idea what you may be talking about when you say "Knowing the species is pretty important if you want to take the best possible images of the birds" Don't know why a person cannot take a picture of something or someone without having full knowledge of that person or thing. S
ee everyone makes little errors including myself and at times in my 83 years I have made some whoppers

Congrats, really cool image.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back