Shot for C&C

a2dadamm

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys! Been busy for a few weeks havent ben shooting as much as i'd like to be but here is a quick shot I took and mingled with. didnt think much about the shot just shot it..

DSC00994-1.jpg

Here is the original for comparison I thought it came out kinda cool..

DSC00994.jpg

nobody likes i guess lol

well I love it lol:lol:

It's Friday, what do you expect.:lol: Your exposure was good. And if you love it that's all that counts.

The original looks over saturated (I'm guessing it's was shot as a JPEG) and the edited image looks under saturated and washed out. Perhaps if it had better contrast.

The composition isn't compelling either but you already nailed why all of this applies:

"a quick shot I took and mingled with. didnt think much about the shot just shot it.."

Really good images are rarely are made that way. Good images usually have quite a lot of thought applied before the shutter is released.

I hope that helps.

Last edited:
Hey guys! Been busy for a few weeks havent ben shooting as much as i'd like to be but here is a quick shot I took and mingled with. didnt think much about the shot just shot it..

DSC00994-1.jpg
Here's some contrast adjustment:

DSC00994-1.jpg

I'm gonna jump in here cause I disagree somewhat with what's been posted. I think the contrast adjustment kills it personally and I really like the look of the desaturated version (the 1st photo). Still enough color, but it gives that old worn out, kind of classic photo look.

That aside there are a few things that bother me. One is the blown out portions on the left, right and front petals. Second and most of all is the centering of the subject. I think centered only works if the flower takes up the entire frame and even then it will turn into a cliche shot often times.

For example....look at this first shot I did with the subject in the very center.....kinda boring
http://sidersphoto.com/img/v8/p956271178-4.jpg

Now look at the next shot....same exact weed, I just composed it so it didn't go through the center of the frame...made it much more interesting to look at.
http://sidersphoto.com/img/v8/p687639494-4.jpg

Anyway, that's my humble attempt at a c&c. Hope it helps.

The shot feels a little unbalanced because (as stated already) the subject is centered. It can work, but the bottom right just has too much negative space when compared with the bottom left.

I like the classic look, though I agree that the background isn't exactly balanced... may need some sharpening too

Most reactions

New Topics

Back