Shots Fired One person Hit

scubabear6

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
in the head by his own brass. Went to the firing range to practise this weekend and took along my camera.

P3076684_1326_edited-1.jpg

P3076693_1335_edited-1.jpg

P3076696_1338_edited-1.jpg

Agreed... Nice sequence.

On the not of shotting and getting hit in the head. i cant tell you how many times that has happened to me or hot a nice hot shell go down my shirt, get stuck in my shoe, hit me square in the face, or between the eyes. Ive actually had enough range to hit my brother sitting 2 tables down from me the one time.

Jason

I like the first one showing the escaping gas and the start of the blowback on the slide....:thumbup:

I have a 9mm that used to throw brass like that, hitting me in the forehead occasionally....talk about annoying. I had to have the ejector modified.

at least it didn't fall down his shirt.
but that could have been a nice on that cold looking day...:D

always gotta wear a hat with a brim...no one wants one of those dropping into the safety glasses. ow.
i have a g19 and it throws em like that too.:gun:

As Bisquick said-that's why you should always wear a hat when firing or close fitting glasses.. I've had hot brass lodge between my glasses and my cheek.. Not a good time..

What kind of camera took that sequence that fast? That's pretty awesome! Forget it-I checked your EXIF.. Wow, that Olympus has a fast burst rate!

nice shot

long time ago when I was in the military, spent casing from my Galil rifle cut the skin off the tip of the nose of the guy next to me in the firing line :)

that was pretty scary - I shoot, he screams, drops his rifle and grabs his face...

I went to the range yesterday as well but I took my brand new to me gun instead of the camera. :)

neat sequence
love how you can the shell in the second one
yay gunzz! :p

long time ago when I was in the military, spent casing from my Galil rifle cut the skin off the tip of the nose of the guy next to me in the firing line :)

that was pretty scary - I shoot, he screams, drops his rifle and grabs his face...

I'm sure he didn't think it was funny....but it is. I wish I could count the number of times I have been hit with someone elses brass at a competition, or got my neighbors brass down my back just as I was ready to squeeze off my shot.....:waiting:

Neat series. I like the first one best too.

I used to have a mini-14 - that thing threw the brass a good 25 yards.
One day out on the range, I had a guy (6 or 7 lanes down - the only other person there) come over and tell me he couldn't get a shot because my brass kept hitting him... We traded lanes, problem solved. My P-38 likes to throw the brass straight up, sometimes landing on top of my head.

I used to have a mini-14 - that thing threw the brass a good 25 yards.

Mine did the same thing, and it tore up the necks real wicked...so bad that I couldn't reload them at all. Sold it and bought an AR-15. Now I can lay a 10'x10' blanket off to my right & back, and 95% of my brass fall within that spot. Tried a brass catcher....hated it.

since we are already far from original topic and there are some shooters here, question, where can I get ammo novadays - all usual internet sites are out of stock on 9mm, I would buy 2-3000 rounds - just paper punchers, 115 Gr FMJ or cheap but reliable reloaded ammo. Can someone give any ideas?

since we are already far from original topic and there are some shooters here, question, where can I get ammo novadays - all usual internet sites are out of stock on 9mm, I would buy 2-3000 rounds - just paper punchers, 115 Gr FMJ or cheap but reliable reloaded ammo. Can someone give any ideas?

Couldn't help you there. Factory is too expensive, and you have a lot of trust buying someone else's reloads. I trust mine implicitly, but I wouldn't expect anyone else to. You never know what you are getting if they are trying to make a few extra $$ on shortcuts....out of date primers, old powder they need to get rid of, etc.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back