Shots from this weekend

danielhavard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Went out this weekend to a field of Bluebonnets to shoot my nephew and his girlfriend. I thought they turned out great!! What does everyone think? Nikon D5000 18-200mm VR lens and Nikon sb-600 on-camera.

$image-2018536182.jpg

$image-3846580841.jpg

$image-3580292284.jpg

Last edited:
great location scouting! you also did a good job of getting some nice expressions from them.
on the second image, good choice shooting wide open, gives a great soft background.

a couple suggestions:
- the first image you colour is a bit off, maybe a little to green? it would be more flattering if your what balance was correct, but good focus on the eyes.
- flash on camera doesn't give the greatest light, try bringing out a big reflector instead and bounce the light back in rather then using flash

nice! Nit-picking here but
#1- I would straighten up her head
#2 looks great. her left hand looks weird in between her knees but not that big of a deal
#3 looks underexposed but it's a great pose and looks like an easy fix in post

Great job, though!

Thank you all for the great feedback.

afoto said:
a couple suggestions:
- the first image you colour is a bit off, maybe a little to green? it would be more flattering if your what balance was correct, but good focus on the eyes.

I think the reason the color is off is because of some adjustments I made to the photo in post. I was trying out some new presets in Lightroom. I will remove them and see what happens. :)

afoto said:
- flash on camera doesn't give the greatest light, try bringing out a big reflector instead and bounce the light back in rather then using flash

I was worried about that and I had ordered a reflector and unfortunately it wasn't in on time. I got them in the next day and I have a shoot on Monday and will try some new techniques. Thanks for the feedback!!!

LuckySe7en said:
nice! Nit-picking here but
#1- I would straighten up her head
#2 looks great. her left hand looks weird in between her knees but not that big of a deal
#3 looks underexposed but it's a great pose and looks like an easy fix in post

Great job, though!

Thank you for sharing those details. I honestly never saw her hand in between her knees and now that stands out to me. Lol I gotta learn to watch the poses. :) I have another shoot on Monday so I hope it goes well.

Thanks again!!!

Their smiles are a bit toothy. While this may be some what natural for them it does not always make an appealing photograph.

Who would leave a piece of furniture in the middle of the field.. I wish I ran across that stuff on my shoots.

Most reactions

Back