Shots in the snow

MHarvey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Convinced my girl to brave the weather and pose for me in the snow. I'm trying to improve all aspects of my portrait photography, so c&c would be greatly appreciated. The first is my favorite for the session, and these are the few that I have worked on and have turned out well.

1. Got lucky enough to make a genuine smile just as I took this. I really like how her body is positioned as well.
IMG_0002.jpg

2. I liked the pose more than anything on this one. Also gave me a chance to duplicate the bridge on the right for uniformity. Did it work?)
IMG_0010.jpg

3. I can't decide if I like the processing on this one. I'll be taking a second stab at it later. Advice?
IMG_0020.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Just realized I didn't put what I shot with.

Canon EOS 40D with a 28-135mm lens, and built in flash.

The first looks great, maybe a bit too much blue in your WB though. The other two, the focus looks soft and their composition isn't quite as strong. In 2, the railings act like a cage to sortof lock her up, and with the chin up, her chin dissappears. In 3, she seems to have an awkward lean and the straight on angle doesn't flatter her shape of face very well, at least not in that position.

Man, I've been almost too brutally honest today.

I like the first one a lot, other 2 - not that much

The first looks great, maybe a bit too much blue in your WB though. The other two, the focus looks soft and their composition isn't quite as strong. In 2, the railings act like a cage to sortof lock her up, and with the chin up, her chin dissappears. In 3, she seems to have an awkward lean and the straight on angle doesn't flatter her shape of face very well, at least not in that position.

Man, I've been almost too brutally honest today.

This comment sounds pretty solid to me.

#1 is pretty good!

This comment sounds pretty solid to me.

#1 is pretty good!

Absolutely, solid and helpful.

Mdtusz, I don't mind the honesty at all. I see what your saying on 2, duly noted. Finding interesting poses that still remain somewhat natural is one of my challenges. Appears to be plenty of room for improvement :lol:

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Looks like you missed focused on the 3rd one.. seems to be on her ear rather than her face. In a portrait... eyes always need to be sharp... or you lose that connection with the subject.

Most reactions

Back