Should I get another lens?

LaurenElle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have been using my kit lens with my Canon EOS camera and I'm thinking maybe I might need another lens. I mostly like to take photos of flowers zoomed in, animals (a.k.a my dogs haha) and scenic things. I also like take photos of city life a little bit..OH! And food like fruits and stuff. Should I get another lens or stick with the kit lens? also could you reccomend one that not too expensive?

I have the canon T1i and 18-55 lens...

I'm just looking for a lens for close up pictures

Last edited:
It's poor form to post the same thread in multiple forum sections. Actually, IIRC it's prohibited by forum rules/regs which are found on the FAQ's page.

What do you feel is missing? If the kit lens is a 18-55mm, are you looking for a longer zoom to get in closer? Are you looking for a sharper lens? Are you looking for a macro lens?

I've seen people say the Canon 50mm lens is pretty nice optically and cheap price wise but build wise as well. I would imagine that Canon puts out a kit type longer zoom if that's what you're looking for. If your looking for a macro lens, there are a few relatively inexpensive options such as from Tokina but it'll cost over $200 (not sure how much you want to pay).

Hope this helps!

It's poor form to post the same thread in multiple forum sections. Actually, IIRC it's prohibited by forum rules/regs which are found on the FAQ's page.

Yeah I know. I posted it in the wrong forum and I am going to have the Other thread deleted.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back