McMommy
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Apr 8, 2010
- Messages
- 168
- Reaction score
- 1
- Location
- Seaside, Ca
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
- Thread Starter 🔹
- #16
I say spring for the D300 too but if you cant afford it then yes for the D90. You just need some of us to be your enablers dontcha. :lmao:


No! I need you to be my husband's enablers!
"Honey, everyone on the forum said to go for it! I have to!"
:lmao:
My mind is made up, but he's the one with the paycheck!
Nikon has 3 camera levels:
- Entry-level - D3000/D5000/D90 (1/4000 shutter, plastic bodies/no weather sealing)
- Prosumer level - D300s/D700 (1/8000 shutter, titanium alloy bodies and weather sealing)
- Pro - D3s/D3x (built-in vertical grip, titanium bodies and even better weather sealing)
Although, this really makes me think that I should use my D5000 now to its limits, which I may never be able to do! In a perfect world where I'm great at everything, I'd do this professionally and for that I'd love a Prosumer/Pro camera. If I upgrade to the D90 now, it's hard to justify upgrading to a really nice camera later. If I keep the D5000 now, I still keep the option of buying a pro/prosumer camera while I'm still early in my "career" enough to build a great portfolio with it. Lastly, in a less than perfect world, which I currently live in, where I am not great at everything, the D5000 is great enough on its own, and I can use it reliably as my family camera and have that be all I do.
I hate the back and forth of decision making. If I were rich, this would be easy! LOL
Last edited: