What's new

Should I jump on this..?

Destin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Sep 11, 2010
Messages
3,867
Reaction score
1,386
Location
Western New York
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There is a Nikon D70 with battery grip and 35-80 lens on my local CL for $170. I'm thinking of grabbing it just to have the D70 for the nearly unlimited flash sync speed, for those times when auto-fp doesn't cut it.

Question is.... is my money better up into the D70, for the sync speed, or just another sb-600 to add some more power into my flash setup when shooting auto-fp mode?

Is the D70 something worth keeping in my bag of tricks, even with how outdated it is?
 
The lens might be worth $50 and the grip as well, if you can sell them. The lens is not really worth keeping, you have much better glass in that range already. Good luck trying to sell the grip.

So is a d70 worth about $100? I think so. Does it have a battery and a spare? The charger from your d80 will work with d70 batteries.

You could always modify it to IR.
 
I would be all over that deal is i was looking for a back-up cam. I picked up a D80 for pennies like that on CL and am pleased with the deal.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom