Should I pull the trigger

j-dogg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
On an adapter for my EOS Rebel XTi to run my awesome Nikon manual lenses?

Don't care about autofocusing, auto this and auto that, the lenses are manual anyway and take excellent pictures.

I've hit the search function on this topic and it appears some image quality is compromised, is this true?

I've thought about trading for a Nikon D3000 or 5000 but I like the controls of my Rebel.

I could be wrong, but I doubt you'll be able to meter with that camera. I don't think they'll meter with the D3000 or 5000, either. I think you need D300 and above. Someone else may be able to verify this, however.

I use a Nikon/Nikkor 135mm f/2.8 and a 200mm f/4 on my Rebel. They adapt easily with $20 (mine are 'fotodiox') adapters and are fun to use. They're great for cheap extension tubes or reversal rings because the apertures are manually set anyway.

I say go for it, they're not going to get used for action - but they're fun creative lenses.

I shoot non-Canon lenses on Canons quite often. It's a great way to get some decent glass on a Canon body. (lol) Go for it. Try it. You'll get semi-automatic metering, plus match-diode manual metering.

I use a Nikon/Nikkor 135mm f/2.8 and a 200mm f/4 on my Rebel. They adapt easily with $20 (mine are 'fotodiox') adapters and are fun to use. They're great for cheap extension tubes or reversal rings because the apertures are manually set anyway.

I say go for it, they're not going to get used for action - but they're fun creative lenses.

I use them on my two Nikon film cameras but there is no sense in switching to a 1000-dollar Nikon Dxxx if I can get a 20 dollar adapter.

That was the one I was looking at. I have some redonkulous Nikkor glass from back in the day that I've put some exposures on and really would love to see them on my Rebel, I can't justify a 1000 dollar L when my Rokinon 80-200 looks just as good.

Most reactions

Back