Shutter actuation

ketan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,

Current shutter actuation count on my 6D is 19410.

At times I am concerned about my shutter switch failure (may be, since it happened with my 30D, though no shots missed). I plan to go for a vacation in the northern India in hilly region. Is the current actuation count need that I should get the camera checked at Canon service center?

Thanks,

If it will make you feel better, send it in, and specify to service/replace the shutter switch.
Some times peace of mind is worth the extra cost.

Thank you for both the suggestions. I will act on that. I have a cable release that I will keep with me. May be if a remote (without cable) is available then will get one.
About replacing the switch was slight hesitant as the camera has never gone for any repair so do I need to do it? Although I completely agree with your statement "Some times peace of mind is worth the extra cost"

IR remote; if the shutter button mechanism fails a cable probably wouldn't work.

No harm in a Canon service, if you're happy to pay. Yes, peace of mind.

hmm..thanks for clarifying. Will reach canon service asap.

Thank you

you havent even started to tickle the shutter mechanism yet.

Shutter "buttons" typically don't fail... ever. If you experienced a failure with an earlier camera, I suspect possibly something got into the button (e.g. if you spilled a drink on the camera ... not that you spilled a drink per se... but that's the general idea of what I mean by something getting into the button and making the contacts dirty).

The shutter mechanism itself can (and probably will ... at some point in the very distant future) fail. Shutters on cameras typically rated to last around 100,000 actuations ... but there are loads of people who double that without the slightest hint of a problem.

Most reactions

Back