woodsac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Canon 350D

Why am I limited to a max shutter speed of 200 when using the flash? Internal or external flash, ISO 100-1600, manual, av or tv mode...makes no difference. I'm basically just curious ;)

If I were to close down the aperture to compensate for the light, would the results of the flash give me a shallower dof?

Thanks for checking!
I never noticed it before I sent my camera in for repair :scratch: But I thought it was just me? I was gonna go to walmart and use the display to see if it did it too :lol:

checked it in M and yea it would only go up to 200 hope this helps

That is the flash sync speed. It’s when the whole frame should be properly (evenly) exposed. You should be able to over right it, maybe in Av mode. Over 200 should reduce the power of the flash. Under get a lot more confusing depending the flash opinions. Took this shot at a dance school my nephew & his girl friend go to. It’s just one of the effects you can get with low speeds

Yeah. Research flash sync. Any speed on or below your flash sync speed will be properly covered by the flash.
Anything above will probably result in part of the scene being black or not covered by the flash.

woodsac said:
Canon 350D

Why am I limited to a max shutter speed of 200 when using the flash? Internal or external flash, ISO 100-1600, manual, av or tv mode...makes no difference. I'm basically just curious ;)

If I were to close down the aperture to compensate for the light, would the results of the flash give me a shallower dof?

Check you Custom Function No. 3, If it is set to #1 then your flash sync speed is 1/200 sec in the AV mode. #0 then it is in Auto. If you are in A/V mode with the Flash Sync at Auto make sure to use a tripod indoors otherwise you'll end up with a blurred picture. I would set the camera on P Mode if you have the Flash Sync set at Auto.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back