Siamese cat B&W CC please

kamelean

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I shot this one of the family cat last night. Color was OK, but I thought the B&W version really popped. What could make this better? Keep in mind that I'm no photographer, just a dude with a camera...

Kipper B&W by kamelean, on Flickr

I think a slightly wider crop to include the ears. A little more DoF so that all his (hers?) face was in sharp focus would help as well.

There is a haze in the eyes, and I'd leave it color. What makes the face of these cats so cool is that face that the face is b&w naturally, and the eyes are generally stunning.

There is a haze in the eyes, and I'd leave it color. What makes the face of these cats so cool is that face that the face is b&w naturally, and the eyes are generally stunning.

The haze was the first thing I noticed, I would also like to see the color version. Please, please, please, DO NOT selective color the eyes. I don't care that much but I'd rather not read the tirade of angry replies. :mrgreen:

Focus seems to be on the nose, focus on an eye next time. We are tuned to look at eyes for emotions, so when they aren't in focus it can feel uncomfortable.
Keep shooting!!

Here's the color version, but the eyes are pretty bad...

Kipper by kamelean, on Flickr

The flash is reflecting off the cats retinas. It's called 'red-eye'.

6244759827_ca812acabb_b.jpg

Thanks! I can't afford Photoshop for the Mac, so I'm stuck with the editing software that came with my camera. One of these days, I'll start editing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back