Siberian accentor

squirl033

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Haven't posted in a while, but thought you folks might find this one interesting... This is a VERY rare bird in Washington... only the third recorded sighting in the state. These birds are native to Asia; they breed all across Siberia, and winter in eastern China and Korea. Once in a great while, one will stray during the fall migration, or get blown off course by a storm, and wind up in North America, but only rarely will one be seen in the continental US. This one has been hanging around in SW Washington, so I went down on Saturday, and again today, to try to get photos. Saturday was cloudy, and the bird was high up in some bare trees, so my first photos were less than satisfactory. I tried again today with nice weather, but alas, only was able to get the bird's head and parts of its body. The little stinker just does NOT like to be seen in the open, it seems... :( In any case, here are the two best glimpses I got of this super-rare visitor...

Interesting! Great job getting such rare shots. Thank you for sharing.

Nice pics and hey, you did what you could. You captured them and sometimes that's enough.

Whereabouts in Southwest, Washington? I'm not too far from there. I live in northwest Oregon, just across the Columbia River.

Do you know what it is called? That’s awesome that you got to see it. 1 bird in the state and you were able to see it. Too bad he was a bugger and stayed in the treetops.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back