*Sigh* The Weather.

AdamBomb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I have had my D90 for a few weeks now, And im still like a little boy at Christmas with it. But the weather for the last week or so has been terrible, and it doesnt look like its getting any better. It's about 35 degrees and raining right now :grumpy:. I want to shoot SO BAD, but the inside shots are kind of played out for me now! What kind of things would you be doing?

I kind of want to practice with Self-portraits, but They dont turn out very well cause I only have the on-camera flash.

Tell me about it. I got off work today because of the weather. It has been too windy to operate my boom all day.

All I can do is go through older (hopefully sunnier) photos these days. There is NOTHING I would even WANT to take a photo of in this general greyness outside. I had the camera with me today when I visited a large swamp area with the friend of a friend. I never once used it. It was just too ugly out there, weatherwise.
So I take enjoyment from going through my photos from Turkey, from looking up what things were I saw and photographed, and from writing my blog about it, illustrating it with as many photos as I can possible squeeze in. That gives me a feeling of warmth, of colours ... but USING the camera JUST NOW? Impossible (well, nothing's impossible, but ... I know I wouldn't like the results, anyway...).

Ah. One thing that might be nice and colourful could be a) Christmas markets (I should really make myself go to one!), and b) Christmas decorations, either those of private homes, or the public ones. Maybe ... or those in shop windows. Maybe ... just for an idea...

Wow...35*...Wish it were here. It's -4 now( 7:45pm) and it was -7 to -10 all day.

Congrats on the new camera and be patient. take as many self ports as possible!

Well Its 35 Fahrenheit, which is 1 Degree Celsius.

Man, This is frustrating! How do I make this camera re-focus when I step in front of it on the self timer? Do i have to setup a dummy for it to focus on?!!

Allow me to join the complaining: it's -23 Celsius here right now. I wish it was raining!

Oh you poor Canadian...:hug::

Do what I did, set up the Christmas tree (if you're into that sort of thing) and take pictures of the beautiful colors and ornaments at various settings.
They look so colorful and gorgeous.
-9C and snowing sideways here today.

The weather here is also not too good.

Raining and tornado warnings/watches.

:(

The weather here is also not too good.

Raining and tornado warnings/watches.

:(

what??
the first thing ive done when we were under a tornado warning was take my camera outside...
:lol:

last few days here have been from -20 and snow to +6 and rain..
-6 out now and cloudy.

Interestingly apparently the reason we get cloudy weekends whilst we have sunny weekdays is due to the output gases from factories - many close at weekends which causes a pressure change which brings in the clouds or some such (thedetails are hazy for me - but the reason is factories!)

It sucks. Every winter I get a bad case of a cold and cabin fever. I've taken my camera in some really harsh places, but 10-20 degree F, NO. Never. Besides, I hate the cold/snow more than most and I live in NY...ugh...I must be nuts! No, wait. Too broke to move south!! :lmao::lol:

Grats on the new camera! Spring and Summer will be here, soon so hang in there. I'm with ya on that.

Talking of weather ..... -5C and fog here today, got 30cm of snow on Fri ....

Congrats on the D90, was just saying to someone else that IW ould seriously consider that camera if I had the money (I have a Pentax *ist DL) because it seesm like a really great intermediate level camera (mine is an entry level). Do you have problems with the white balance? Esp since you have been testing a lot indoors. Heard that the auto white balance on the D90 is easily mislead.

BTW, I once used my camera in -12C and it was fine, though by the end of the evening the flash was all covered in frost! Anyone else used their gear in subzero/sub32 temperatures?

Most reactions

Back