Sigma 18-35 1.8

Parker219

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well...I bought the lens....not sure when I will GET the lens...the wait is killing me! Does anyone have this lens? When I finally get the lens, I will post some sample photos and my review for anyone that cares.

ProductQty.PriceTotal
ImageProxy.mvc
Sigma SIUSBDN
USB Dock for Nikon Lenses
1$59.00$59.00
ImageProxy.mvc
Sigma SI183518DCN
18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Lens for Nikon
Back-ordered 1$799.00$799.00

Yeah, Sigma is having some problems with backorders. My 105mm lens is still not even dispatched and i ordered it like a week ago. As for the 18-35mm? From the reviews i've read on this lens is that if it works as advertised, people are overjoyed with it. As of now i have no lens that covers the 18-35mm range, i might just decide to get this lens later on, but for now there is really no need for me to invest in it but i wouldn't turn it down if someone gave it to me. :lol:

^ Ok, well I will post some real world sample shots as soon as I get the lens. If you find someone GIVING them away, let me know so I can cancel this order. :lmao:

I just hope they deliver these lenses soon. :sillysmi: I've got a beautiful Forrest full of insects, mushrooms, barks, moss and stuff waiting on me to be photographed!

^ So you don't want to sell yours to me so I can cancel this b&h order before they ship it? :lol:

sure, but I'd probably charge more than new price for it ;) hehe

^haha. I think $800 is enough. :lol:

Hopefully they get more soon!

supply and demand is a killer hehe. they should get some soon though, don't worry. its a great lens though, fast, excellent optics, focus is silent, all around a good lens.

if you've got any specific questions feel free to ask.

^ Do you have any sample shots that you took with the lens that you want to post?

I think the only thing I have saved on my photobucket is some ultra boring test shots of the hallway at the hospital where I work with it of it's FX vs DX coverage with and without the hood. I can grab a few more interesting shots later and post 'em for you though.

Sorry, I totally forgot to get you some test shots with it. my bad. in the meantime here's an uber lame pic of a lenscoat battery holder that I took with the 18-35. I know its a lame pic, but its about all I have saved on my Photobucket account with the 18-35 right now and I'm stuck at work. I'll try to grab something more interesting later today, or monday.

batterycover_1_zps81af7de1.jpg~original

I found a thread I posted some test shots with it in FX and 1.2x mode. the shots themselves are fairly useless as far as IQ and such, I was really only shooting to show the image circle coverage in larger than DX modes and with/without hood so I didn't take subject or IQ into consideration, and virtually no PP other than resize and jpeg convert. but some other guys with the lens did post up some samples that show off the IQ much better. (sorry its a link to another forum, but this is the only place I have these pics at, I forgot I never put them on my photobucket account).

Did anyone tried the Sigma 18-35/1.8 on full frame? - FM Forums

Here's another quick shot with it, again not the greatest shot or anything, harsh flash, dirty mirror behind, etc. but hey, better than nothing I suppose.

Dexter_zps42928a72.jpg~original

Most reactions

Back