Sigma 200-500 f/2.8...check this beast out.

Trenton Romulox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jeremygrayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was announced as prototype during PMA 2007, but I just found out about it last night. So, I figured I'd throw this link up for you. So, here it is folks, Sigma 200-500mm f/2.8 super telephoto zoom lens.

That is by far the biggest lens, I've ever seen. It is absolutely huge. HUGE. HUGE.

I want one. But it's not available quite yet, to my knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:
The video states it won't be available till Oct-Nov. And it's still a Sigma for $10-20,000.00.

I've seen pics of people with this lens already. Not sure if they bought it or were at the show or what... but this lens is "old news"... lol

not if you have the neck of Arnold... lol I hear it makes a great carry round lens! lmao

I've seen pics of people with this lens already. Not sure if they bought it or were at the show or what... but this lens is "old news"... lol

I know it's old news, I made that rather clear in the original post. I was just sharing this for people who you know, care.

Jesus, what possible application could something like that have? I understand it would be cool for sports or wildlife, but who would honestly carry that thing for any length of time? That looks like the most expensive novelty item I've ever seen.

Jesus, what possible application could something like that have? I understand it would be cool for sports or wildlife, but who would honestly carry that thing for any length of time? That looks like the most expensive novelty item I've ever seen.

I think it'd be sweet to have. I mean, 500mm f/2.8! That's pretty intense. But...at the same time, that lens is monstrous.

I think it'd be sweet to have. I mean, 500mm f/2.8! That's pretty intense. But...at the same time, that lens is monstrous.

It looks like a gargabe can, and I'm sure it weighs a metric ton. It's a cool idea, it just seems so far beyond practicality that I can't imagine the use for it.

I'm 100 pounds.. that would be about 1/3 of my weight.

Most reactions

Back