Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 for Nikon

STMel03

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've been in need of a 70-200 for quite awhile now.. can't pony up the money for the nikon version(which I'd love to have)...so I've decided to go with the sigma and pray that I get a "good" version.. Now to my question.. Adorama has the sigma lens in a package including Tiffen filter's for the same cost as just the lens.. Should I call to make sure this isn't a graymarket lens or need I not worry and just buy it already.. I'm afraid of getting a bad copy and needing to send it back.. Will buying the sigma with the filter kit and goodies be a bad call if my new lens is in need of a return?

Adorama has the sigma lens in a package including Tiffen filter's for the same cost as just the lens.. Should I call to make sure this isn't a graymarket lens or need I not worry and just buy it already

If it doesn't say that it is a direct import ("grey market") item, then I can promise you that it will be a US version!

If you have any other queries or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Sincerely

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

[email protected]
www.adorama.com

Helen,

Thank you for your reply...

One more question before I order.. This happened last time I bought my 24 -70 sigma.. Adorama and B&H Photo has slightly different pictures of what I believe is the same lens.. under where it says; 70 - 200 f/2.8 ... one says Macro HSM and the other says DG Macro. I just want to make sure I am buying the most recent lens..

bh link
Sigma | 70-200mm f/2.8 II EX DG APO Macro HSM AF Lens | 579-306

adorama
SG70200DNKAK Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 DG Macro HSM II Auto Focus Telephoto Zoom Lens Kit, for Nikon AF-D with Tiffen 77mm Photo Essentials Filter Kit, Lens Cap Leash, Professional Lens Cleaning Kit

anyone? I would like to order soon...I'm to excited

if you can save up the extra $300, then go for the Nikon AF 80-200 f/2.8D, The Nikon Glass is built better and will hold its value longer.

Helen,

One more question before I order.. This happened last time I bought my 24 -70 sigma.. Adorama and B&H Photo has slightly different pictures of what I believe is the same lens.. under where it says; 70 - 200 f/2.8 ... one says Macro HSM and the other says DG Macro. I just want to make sure I am buying the most recent lens..

bh link

adorama
SG70200DNKAK Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 DG Macro HSM II Auto Focus Telephoto Zoom Lens Kit, for Nikon AF-D with Tiffen 77mm Photo Essentials Filter Kit, Lens Cap Leash, Professional Lens Cleaning Kit

I'm awaiting a reply back from the Adorama purchasing department; I've just emailed them again and will come back to you asap.

Sincerely

Helen Oster

[email protected]
www.adorama.com

Hellen...

Thank you so much for checking into this for me!! Can't wait to here back so I can get this lens on the way!

Helen,

bh link

adorama

According to our purchasing department, they are indeed both the same item.

I hope this helps, but let me know if you need anything else.

Sincerely

Helen Oster

[email protected]
www.adorama.com

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back