Sigma flash?

sxesweets

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This flash was suggested to me by a friend who does professional photography because I'm on a tight budget right now?

Sigma EF-530 DG Super - Nikon | TheCameraStore.com

Anyone have any experience with it? I'm just getting to the point that I'm wanting to play with flashes. Guessing strobist would be a good place to start reading?

Thanks for reading

I had a Sigma flash, don't recall the model though. I didn't care for it compared to by SB-600. It wasn't reliable and not that easy to setup for wireless flash. Maybe I had an earlier model though.

Everything I read, and my limited experience that Nikon flashes are so much better and reliable. The SB-600 may be within your reach.

Yes, strobist and google "Planet Neil" for places to start. You might find Planet Neil a little easier to start from.

I know people who use those sigma flashes. They are said to be alright, but the build quality isn't up to par with Canon/Nikon.

My preference would be to get something like a 430EX (if you shoot Canon) or an SB600 (if you shoot Nikon)

I don't think so, I remember the thread but not the name or brand they got - but I don't think it was Sigma, it was something I'd never heard of before.

Yup, I remember that and it was a Sigma.

Hmmm... I guess this isn't in reference to the German member and German flash he found a deal on and had to exchange.

Thanks guys... Will have a better look into it. I was eyeballing the SB 600 but thought I'd ask your opinions on that one too

Most reactions

Back