Sigma SA-7 Kit (28-80mm + 70-300mm)

KBOC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My Sigma SA-7 Arrived yesterday, and I thought I'd tell everyone about it.

When I took it out of the box, I automatically became disenchanted due to how light it was. Having cut my teeth on a Pentax K-1000 I expected something with a bit more bulk to it.

The lenses are equally light weight, and I suspect won't last long under any kind of hard use that my K-1000 took.

However, unlike my trusty old Pentax, this camera features two things I could never have with it: Auto Focus and Auto advance.

The Auto Advance is slow, at 1.5 Frames Per Second, but fast enough for me at this point and this price. The Auto-Load, Auto Rewind will also be something of a time saver.

So I took it for a spin yesterday and went around taking pictures. I liked it that I could zoom in on anything and have it focus automatically. It does have multiple focus modes, to where I can focus in on a single point then adjust the frame to include what I wanted on film.

The feather-light equipment had me more endeared by the end of the day... as my old wrists weren't hurting.

Finding out that everything had a manual override was the highlight of my day. I shot some pictures in the shade with fill flash that came out quite nice.

In the next couple of weeks I'll be testing it on a Grand Prix course and let you guys know how this extra-cheap equipment works... so far, I'm pretty happy.

Most reactions

Back