Sigma4less

Jayson Prentice

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stormcenterusa.com
I was looking into buying a camera lens, the Sigma 17-70 to be exact and saw that this was one of the more reputable sites that had it at a low price. Just wondering if anybody has used Sigma4less to buy a lens and how their service was...

Thanks...

I've never been there, but I will from now on, they have the lens I want for 50 dollars less then BandH. Thats awsome. Thanks for the link/heads up.

Well not really recommending them, but more of looking to be sure that their lower prices don't come with a cost. Reseller ratings among other ratings for their store are pretty good and makes me believe they are a reputable seller of their products. Just wanting some first hand opinions...

I've never been there, but I will from now on, they have the lens I want for 50 dollars less then BandH.
Their prices are lower because they sell "grey market" merchandise. We do too (although none of our Sigma products are "grey") but we take pains to let you know. I'm not saying you should or should not shop there. I am saying you should know what you're buying.

Their prices are lower because they sell "grey market" merchandise. We do too (although none of our Sigma products are "grey") but we take pains to let you know. I'm not saying you should or should not shop there. I am saying you should know what you're buying.

Welcome to the forum Henry. Glad to see a vendor paying attention to the masses!

Well, perhaps he may, since he represents this vendor. However, I don't think his point is invalid - as consumers, it IS very easy to end up with a gray market product that isn't listed as such. I appreciate that B&H labels its wares appropriately.

Well, perhaps he may, since he represents this vendor. However, I don't think his point is invalid - as consumers, it IS very easy to end up with a gray market product that isn't listed as such. I appreciate that B&H labels its wares appropriately.

Opinion expressed. Move along. Nothing to see.

I think all of Henry's posts have been helpful and I don't mind one bit that he links back to B&H. I have only seen him do so, in response to other posts.

I have been on other forums where vendors have reps on board, and frankly it is usually a very positive thing. B&H can be a wealth of information on their own site and over the phone, and I am pleased to see Henry's responses have been mirroring what I would expect from a vendor like B&H.

Most reactions

Back