Sign sprouting from her head and the lady in pink must go!!!!

Aunt-with-sign.png
Aunt-with-sign.png
View attachment 144572 I think it's good edit :allteeth::allteeth::allteeth::allteeth::allteeth::allteeth::allteeth:

Last edited:
Nice job on the edit. I am wondering if maybe the left shoulder could be blended in just a little more. Other than that little bit fantastic job. I am going to try this challenge when I get off of work today. Can't wait. I love opportunities to work in photoshop.

I have half a dozen or so old damaged photos, two or three of which are on here as I recall. I can put more up if someone wants to play with them.
I look for old ones at flea markets and scan and play with them but the ones here are all my relatives or friends from years gone by.

I wouldn't mind working on some things. I need to work on my restoration skills. I have done like one or two very simple restoration projects but that was about 1 1/2 years ago.

Here's my try. I started photoshopping today and would love some criticism. It's probably not as good as the others since I started today but I did my best!View attachment 139799

I was working on this project last night. I have gotten as far as replacing the staircase. The problem is that the gap under the downstairs wall and where the sidewalk would be. That I think right now is the problem. I think I know how to fix it but it is going to require a picture from an outside source.

My thought is to take a picture of a sidewalk and try to capture the sidewalk at about the same angle as the sidewalk in the picture. Then I would take the sidewalk and composite it in and then darken it to make it look more like what is in the picture.

How about copying the sidewalk from the second floor balcony after you remove the other person?

I may try that when I get home. The problem I am seeing is the fact that when you copy the upstairs wall and place it downstairs the downstairs wall is larger (due to perspective) than the upstairs wall. Second the camera perspective should show sidewalk due to the camera angle. The other issue I am seeing is that due to perspective the sidewalk side should go to the left at a very slight angle.

Lol maybe I am way over thinking this thing. But for me I can't ignore the small details. Maybe that is why it takes me 2 days to do project like this because I think way too deeply. But I will look at using the upstairs side to help rebuild the downstairs. Thanks for the tip :).

Once you get the new piece there are other tools to warp and shape and resize that piece to fit the need. Do the piece on another layer perhaps.

I didn't think about that. Great idea. Ill try it when I get home this evening.

Ok so this is what I finally came up with for this challenge. I still don't like the staircase but without having a staircase to take from it isn't too bad. Definitely more room for improvement.
Aunt-with-sign-photoshopped.jpg

Looks good. The individual steps could be cleaned up a tad but look at the entire picture quality and your work matches. A client would be happy and you got some practice. I'm putting a new one up in a minute that has different challenges.

Thanks for the response and the critique. I am looking forward to the next challenge you have. It was a great exercise in creating things that don't exist. And it got me into Photoshop :) .

lol that is definitely one way to do it. That is awesome snowbear.

lol that is definitely one way to do it. That is awesome snowbear.
Thanks - wasn't that complicated - mainly select and delete and copy and paste.

Most reactions

Back