What's new

Signs of the times (warning: offensive feline language)

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
5,213
Reaction score
983
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
EDIT (SEPT. 4): NEW IMAGE ADDED – SEE POST #19 BELOW

Thanks for looking.
 
Last edited:
...and I get the silent treatment again :meh: Adding the gratuitous offensive language didn't work, it seems. Gotta think of more aggressive strategies to get comments and feedback.

In the meantime... bump and hope.
 
Hint -

Too many pictures at once and you didn't ask for anything specific.

So what can I say? Reasonably competent pictures of some signs...

Cheers, Don

PS. Change your forum name, That's the problem :lol:
 
Hint -

Too many pictures at once and you didn't ask for anything specific.

So what can I say? Reasonably competent pictures of some signs...

Cheers, Don

PS. Change your forum name, That's the problem :lol:
Well he does have a couple of points there. And like I always tell my children if you want something it is always best to nicley ask for it. I do like the last sign of the man in the sky. ;)
 
Hint -

Too many pictures at once and you didn't ask for anything specific.

So what can I say? Reasonably competent pictures of some signs...

Cheers, Don

PS. Change your forum name, That's the problem :lol:

"General Gallery A gallery for sharing photos and getting feedback, including general critique."

He posted them for the same reason anyone posts pictures here!!!!
For C/C. You like it? any ideas how to make it better? anyone of them stand out?

I personally like them and want to try it myself.
the old rusty one way is the best for me.
 
"General Gallery A gallery for sharing photos and getting feedback, including general critique."

He posted them for the same reason anyone posts pictures here!!!!
For C/C. You like it? any ideas how to make it better? anyone of them stand out?

I personally like them and want to try it myself.
the old rusty one way is the best for me.

There you go, got you to respond, eh?

On a slightly more serious note, I and possibly others, tend to not bother with posts that don't have at least a short message.... there are just too many new posts to read them all.

If the poster is too lazy to place the images into some sort of context, why should "we" bother to respond.

Just my oh so humble thoughts.

Cheers, Don
 
Well he does have a couple of points there. And like I always tell my children if you want something it is always best to nicley ask for it. I do like the last sign of the man in the sky. ;)
I've been on TPF long enough to know that there's no sure-fire way of getting responses to a photo thread here :) The quality of the photo(s), the number of images, the popularity of the poster, the naughtiness of the thread title, the nice request for C&C or the absence of it, etc... they don't make any difference. Randomness is probably the answer here, like it or not.

I personally like them and want to try it myself.
the old rusty one way is the best for me.
Thanks for your comment. I started shooting signs a few weeks ago. Without even noticing, this has now become a series (much longer than the five images posted here). Signs are really a hoot to shoot, and I also love the funny looks people give you when you are photographing them.
 
Last edited:
I really like #2 The deep blue of the background really seems to separate the sign from the blue
 
Hey Federico, not sure how I missed these. Interesting series.

The angles of the lines in #2 with the juxtaposed shadow of the sign makes me smile! :D

And I really like your PP in #4.
 
Interesting series, the composition and colors of #2 are really nice.

Good perspective on some common sights.
 
...and I get the silent treatment again :meh: Adding the gratuitous offensive language didn't work, it seems. Gotta think of more aggressive strategies to get comments and feedback.

Nah, just means your photos are perfect. Just like my last batch; 90 views, a specific request for PP suggestions, and clearly nobody could think of a single thing I could have done better. I'm so good, I should probably have the board set up a pay-per-view gallery just for my work. :-P
 
I really like #2 The deep blue of the background really seems to separate the sign from the blue
Interesting series, the composition and colors of #2 are really nice.
The angles of the lines in #2 with the juxtaposed shadow of the sign makes me smile! :D

And I really like your PP in #4.
Thanks for commenting, guys. Number 2 is my favourite of this lot, but I can't explain why. I guess it's its simplicity. Not much PP in #4 (just added some contrast).

Nah, just means your photos are perfect. Just like my last batch; 90 views, a specific request for PP suggestions, and clearly nobody could think of a single thing I could have done better. I'm so good, I should probably have the board set up a pay-per-view gallery just for my work. :-P
I hadn't thought that my photos were perfect, but it might very well be the case :D Your idea of the pay-per-view gallery just rocks!
 
Wotta great idea!

Every click o' da mouse triggahs PayPal. :thumbup:
 
I like Number 4, with the "One Way" sign the best. I think the rust patterns on the sign are cool and I also like the way you captured the pattern on the metal behind the sign.

Brian
 
I like Number 4, with the "One Way" sign the best. I think the rust patterns on the sign are cool and I also like the way you captured the pattern on the metal behind the sign.

Brian
Thanks Brian, much appreciated. Number 4 is my second favourite here :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom