Signs, signposts, etc.

Asbury Park along the shores of New Jersey. Basically a ghost town for many many years since the town went bankrupt ( really sad story ). I visit occasionally to take pictures and see how the recent move to bring the place back to life is progressing. There was this crude setup of a diner still in operation. Not sure if it was a legit operation or someone just squating in there providing food to the wonderers still around. I walked by it several times thinking it was just another abandoned establishment until a scruffy looking fellow walked out. Scared me a bit. Along the walls were spray painted words on the walls saying food was available.

96664072.jpg

I really hope to visit some day when the boardwalk is filled with laughter once again. If you are in the area, be sure to visit the Stone Pony.. Bruce Springsteens ol'alley.

roadclosed.jpg

camera: Rollieflex 3.5E Planar
film: Arista Pro 400
scanned from neg

streetfog.jpg

camera: Speed Graphic w/ 150mm f/5.6 Schneider
film: Tmax 100
scanned from neg

Took this sign giving the maximum height to pass under that bridge a while ago on Crete ... I had quite a different meaning of size relations ... :)

mm.jpg

On a two hour bike ride today, I found some fun signs around town. :mrgreen:

383233608_8761daed20.jpg

Psh. Not Voldy.

100_4678.jpg

Haha, I immediatly took this the wrong way. :er:

100_4572.jpg

Um, yeah... but there was no fire hydrant for the next 100 yards...

387347277_05745e3939.jpg

:confused:

Haha. I have more.

What about the "Nuclear-Free Zone" on Telegraph (I think)

Not really a sign:
122484840-M.jpg

One of my favorites:
129065790-M.jpg

Ah, I know that one. Darn, I should have got it today.

Hm. Yours aren't showing up... maybe it's just my computer...?

These are some funny finds. For the last one I also have to think: "If you can read this sign, you will get a crick in the neck". :D

And the solution to the non-existing fire hydrant riddle is: that is why it is non-operational. It is not there in the first place. Which makes this sign the more necessary and important, now doesn't it? ;)

It still makes me laugh -- I think it's the smirk on his face that does me in.

rhinospray.jpg

haha those are pretty funny

Most reactions

Back