Silhouette's

mwcfarms

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.deannachambers.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Practicing Silhouettes tonight. Might be a tad too much but both pictures I have taken again of same subject just different time etc. C&C always.

4842398957_56298f899c_z.jpg

Now that I see it on screen I should have boldly cropped that entire branch on the left hanging down instead of just a portion but its late.

4842390643_dd393355f4_z.jpg

This one I shot on the last snowstorm of the year in April and it was really just a bland shot. Ive always loved broken down windmills and hope this is better than the other.

I think the crop would help the first image from appearing as a mistake. Though I really like it!

The second one is just a bit vanilla for me :| I feel as if you could have climbed on top of your car or something, just a little higher up, would have made a better shot. The sky however is amazing :)

Pretty darned good for "practice" shots...keep that up and you'll be on the varsity squad soon.

Yes, the first cropped right up to the bigger trunk so it's more or less square would be awesome!

the first one's composition isn't working for me... it's a great sunset... but the right side of the frame ends up being dead space... the photo just doesn't feel balanced to me...

the second one is nice also... though same problem to me it just feels off... i feel like it tries to make the windmill the main subject since it's so prominent in the frame... but the sunset competes for it as well... i'm not completely sure how to frame it better but it seems off to me... just my opinion... either way you def. captured some beautiful light...

Thanks for the comments guys. I have added two seperate crops. One that I wanted to do last night but it was late and I was lazy and a more or less squared one that KenC mentioned. Do either of these work better for you?

4843555655_156f3ae253_z.jpg

and a squared version.
4843547533_b030668ea9_z.jpg

I think the crop would help the first image from appearing as a mistake. Though I really like it!

The second one is just a bit vanilla for me :| I feel as if you could have climbed on top of your car or something, just a little higher up, would have made a better shot. The sky however is amazing :)

I am not sure how to do that but Im going to try. Its a broken down windmall in my neighbors field which I had to walk into but now that you have said it I am going to take a ladder and try. Will see how that works. :lmao:

LOVE the windmill shot; (I'm a sucker for anything old, broken and/or rusty). Other than the comments already mentioned, how about waiting a few more minutes and trying a second set when the sun has just almost disapeared below the horizon. I find the colours tend to be even more pronounced, and you don't have the big, blown disc of the sun in the image.

Most reactions

Back