Silly Mistakes In Photography.

Tried battery grips once and never again, just don`t like them so now make sure I have spare batteries with me as once I did charge them I forgot to take them out... ooops.

Out of interest what didn't you like about the grip?

Tried battery grips once and never again, just don`t like them so now make sure I have spare batteries with me as once I did charge them I forgot to take them out... ooops.

Out of interest what didn't you like about the grip?

For me it made the X-T3 too big, and as I have a load of spare batteries I got rid of the grip.

At first I didn't like the added weight and it felt odd but only because it was different, I got used to it very quickly. I like how I can get a better grip on my camera, especially when I have a larger/heavier lens on it. It's like having added insurance from dropping it accidentally. So far, if I forgot to charge the batteries after a shoot one day I've had enough power to do another shoot the next day without issue. I personally don't use the AA option, I simply bought two more Li-ion batteries and carry one extra around as backup. You simply pull one dead battery out and pop the good one in and it's quick, it works fine. Granted, AA's may be a little cheaper but I like the power/life of the Li-ion battery well enough and two of them are lighter than six AA's. As with most things, it's a personal choice for various reasons so neither battery is right or wrong. The choice of using a battery pack is relative as well.

I use battery grips, I also carry a lot of batteries for home use I have the mains adapter
Batteries are like memory cards you can never have too many. I shoot raw and jpg so I get through a lot of memory cards in a day

Today was the first time I took my Camera to a family gathering. I couldn't see anything at all when looking through the viewfinder. I thought the batteries were dead, then I thought something was wrong with the Camera itself. I felt stupid when I realized that I had forgotten to take off the lens cap!

Lens cap oh what a red face lol rest easy you are not the only one, I once heard a story true/not don’t know that NASA lunched a probe with a lens cap still on .If true can you images the stick someone will have got over that

Lens cap oh what a red face lol rest easy you are not the only one, I once heard a story true/not don’t know that NASA lunched a probe with a lens cap still on .If true can you images the stick someone will have got over that
That would have to be one of the worlds top ten blunders, ever! Never heard that (doesn't mean it didn't happen) but if I were in charge of NASA and that happened, just before liftoff with the next outgoing probe I would strap that person to it and hand them a camera. :048:

I would think NASA would have a lens cap that opens/closes on something like that so it can be closed to avoid damage during deployment.

I took 3-5 min. bulb shots of the sky last night.

With the cap on.

Who has shot without a memory card in the camera?
Try an entire event WITHOUT FILM!!!

(Maxxum 3000).

I learned to watch the rewind crank on 1970's- and 1980-s era film cameras. With newer, power-wind and power-rewind cameras, it might be easier to shoot w/o film.

Who has shot without a memory card in the camera?
Try an entire event WITHOUT FILM!!!

(Maxxum 3000).

I learned to watch the rewind crank on 1970's- and 1980-s era film cameras. With newer, power-wind and power-rewind cameras, it might be easier to shoot w/o film.
In that vien.
We were at a Goodwill last week and came across an old Vivitar SLR that STILL HAD film in it!

In that vien.
We were at a Goodwill last week and came across an old Vivitar SLR that STILL HAD film in it!
Back in 1989 I was working in a camera store, and a guy came in with an OLD camera bag and a camera, and an exposed roll of B&W film. Inside the camera was a mosltly-exposed roll of B&W film. We sent the films (2) off to be processed and printed. We got back two rolls of average hobbyist-quality shots of the aftermath of the 1962 Columbus Day Storm,without doubt, the major wind storm of the 20th century in Oregon.
Columbus Day Storm of 1962 - Wikipedia

Most reactions

Back