Silver umbrella shoot c&c

encphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So her name is Silver (no lie) and I just bought a 45" shoot through umbrella. Ive never really used one before, so I practiced with her. This is what i came up with :) I would think I need fill camera left? Suggestions pleasee. I'm new with umbrellas/softboxes. Canon 430ex used @ half power with gadget infinity trigger.

silver7.jpg

I like the pose but not being an expert in Portrait work, I'll just state the one big mistake I see. you cut off half her hand. From what I have seen others post thats a big no-no. Maybe showing the whole hands and cropping mid thigh might have been better.

Pretty young lady! Hope you get to work with her more.

nice shot. the lighting seems a wee bit harsh on the forehead and chest area. i also agree with john about the hands. something seems a bit off in her face as well, perhaps in pp? in all, i think a great first attempt with a new lighting set up. just some minor stuff to watch out for next time.

Yeah I noticed I need to pay more attention to the crop. To test I have a 28-135mm and very little room :D

About her face.. what did you notice that was off. Ive been staring at it for like 15 min now, haha. Just so i know for next time.

Thanks for the help both of you!

Here's another!

silver5.jpg

With this one I notice a couple of pp problems now that I posted it. One thing though. The catchlight in her eye.. I personally like it. What does everyone else think? To much of that umbrella shape?

Agree with the comments about the lighting. With respect to the second image, I think these catchlights might be just a bit over the top. I'd suggest moving the lights to one side or the other and trying a reflector to get the catchlights.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back