Simple Industrial C&C

Skyclad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As you know, im still borrowing my moms Fuji FinePix A900 camera, so my shots are still very plain and basic. Plus I like to keep any Photoshopping very, very limited.

Anyways, with that said, I wanted to try taking a picture of something industrial. But living in a small town in AZ, theres nothing too industrial out here, so I took a picture of my neighbors roof AC unit. Hopefully it has some depth to it (as plain as it is) and doesn't look too snapshot-ish.

Any tips or comments on what could or should have been done (or not done) for being so limited?

4883807724_3e5907fdc6_b.jpg

...good example of what a YORK AC unit looks like.

I just...I think it'd be better if it had a jet engine on it and doubled as a rocket ship.

No need to apologize. I had a feeling it would. I put it on "beach" setting to take the picture which is why the brightness of it isn't popping out at you. I wanted it to capture the dull industrial aspect of it rather than having it look modern.

What would you suggest for as artistic touching?

ok here are edits from request

Attachments

• $edit 1.jpg
    $edit 1.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 96
  • $edit 2.jpg
    $edit 2.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 110
  • $edit 3.jpg
    $edit 3.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 107
I like the first edit! But I don't think you went far enough er111a. maybe change perspective with the bubble effect, or add someone to the picture, or something flying in the air like a griffin.

I like the first edit! But I don't think you went far enough er111a. maybe change perspective with the bubble effect, or add someone to the picture, or something flying in the air like a griffin.

Don't encourage him.....please.....for the love of god!!!!!:madmad:

As you know, im still borrowing my moms Fuji FinePix A900 camera, so my shots are still very plain and basic. Plus I like to keep any Photoshopping very, very limited.

Anyways, with that said, I wanted to try taking a picture of something industrial. But living in a small town in AZ, theres nothing too industrial out here, so I took a picture of my neighbors roof AC unit. Hopefully it has some depth to it (as plain as it is) and doesn't look too snapshot-ish.

Any tips or comments on what could or should have been done (or not done) for being so limited?

4883807724_3e5907fdc6_b.jpg

Its a basic boring composition and boring subject, but its technically decent. So not really much to say other than, maybe be a little more creative. However, for an Air Conditioning brochure, this would be great.

Its a basic boring composition and boring subject, but its technically decent. So not really much to say other than, maybe be a little more creative. However, for an Air Conditioning brochure, this would be great.

Kinda hard to be creative when your pointing up on a roof. But aside it from it being boring, I guess im on the right path since its technically decent and good enough for an Air Conditioning brochure. So at least thats one step forward. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back