Simple no thought shots

rokstomper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is a few pictures from last weekend. They are near Big Bear, Ca. I think they look alright. What are your opinions?

$holcom creek 085.jpg

$holcom creek 176.jpg

$log.jpg

Generally, if you don't put thought into your shots, it shows. It does here. These just look like snapshots. Nothing interesting at all really.

2 of them were also taken out of a moving truck. I like them all. I understand that they are not great shots but I don't think they are terrible. I wish I had more time to really take good pictures of the flowing creak and little waterfall. Unfortunately we drove right by all the good oppurtunities.

Then you need to stop and look around for the good photo ops.

Yes, but That was the problem. Out of a whole day these are the only 3 pictures even halfway decent. I guess I should not even take a photo unless it looks good instead of just hopeing for something good. Thanks for your comments

Snapshots are good for recording your personal history and can be worthy of sharing.

The light is harsh and the shadows indicate the photos were made near local noon. A common element of good photographs, is good light and compelling composition.

Art of Photography

Thanks for the advice. You are right, they were near noon and the lighting was harsh. I totally agree with all of you about how most photos require a thought process and snapshots normally don't look good.

I agree with what has been said above.

To me they also look oversharpened.

Is that how yall spell creak ?

We all open ourselves up to criticism when we display our photographs. We may have a personal attachment to an area or the day spent that was appealing to us, more than really the photographs we took. I think this is your case. You were recording only what was there and not isolating any one thing to hold the viewers interest. When I compose a scene, I try to take out as many unnecessary things (by moving around) to get the best composition. The simplest image statement is quite often the strongest statement with photography.

Last edited:
I should have posted these in the just for fun section because that is what they are. thanks again for your comments.

[h=2]Simple no thought shots[/h]

Most reactions

Back