Simple Portraiture

ColeGauthier

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is a new set of photos, C&C is welcomed! :) Linked from my website.

IMG_2568.jpg

IMG_2606.jpg

Nice, however I can't say I'm a fan of the tongue in #1. I think that they would both benefit from a hair light or reflector behind the model to bring out just a little detail in her hair.

They seem a bit underexposed unless you were going for low key. But this is not really something that would take to low key well.

It's generally a good idea to keep shoulders covered, especially girls' shoulders. It's not very flattering, but it also is kinda distracting. I'd rather focus on her face. I think the exposure is pretty good, but maybe a little bit of fill on the right side would be good.

The focus, posing, and background look great. What did you use as the background?

Thanks for the input! I only used one Bowen 500r with a black backdrop, the light was top left, behind me. Of course a relatively fast shutter speed. Yes I was going for low key. Should have used a hair light.

did you bump the black up some? her shirt matches the background and i cant make out the material at all. hair light would have helped out allot i think.

Exposure looks decent to me, but then I'm not on a calibrated display atm..

I'd love to see the main light moved to camera right on #2 with a reflector camera left.

Yes I did bump up the black a little in Lightroom. Again thanks for the input, the more comments I get, the more I improve! :):thumbup:

#2 is really good. It would be nice to see more of the hair, but I still think it works

Nice, however I can't say I'm a fan of the tongue in #1. I think that they would both benefit from a hair light or reflector behind the model to bring out just a little detail in her hair.

totally agree with tirediron, that would also help seperate her from the dark backround. and to help the skin tones look more natural i would go down on the reds saturation

Most reactions

New Topics

Back