Simplicity (CC)

jjphotos

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A bike and a window.
Not much to say, but this photo stood out to me when I shot it and I like it for some reason...
Thoughts?

IMG_7419_zps7eb72b6e.jpg

I think its a good start to what could be a great picture. I think a different edit and perhaps an old style shoot could have made a cool image.

LOVE IT! Maybe a stop too bright but great composition!
Thank you :)
I appricate your feedback
I think the overexposure might be when I do PP on my photos because I edit on my laptop and the screen isn't always constant due to which angle its tilted in.

I think its a good start to what could be a great picture. I think a different edit and perhaps an old style shoot could have made a cool image.
Old style? Like an older bicycle you mean?
And what type of edit?
A vintage filter?

Neat shot! It would also be quite interesting if you cropped it square, and maybe convert to B&W.

Not bad. I think it would have been better without the bike.

Neat shot! It would also be quite interesting if you cropped it square, and maybe convert to B&W.
Thanks !
I tried something in Photoshop and I liked the result
Not sure if this is what you meant?
Any opinion on the B&W?
IMG_7418_zps9e566c08.jpg

Not bad. I think it would have been better without the bike.

Thanks for the CC
Like this?
(I did a quick edit to see what it would look like; not a serious pic)
test_zps913c1506.jpg

Better with the bike. The conversion looks a bit flat, heavy on the midtones. I like it better in color.

Better with the bike. The conversion looks a bit flat, heavy on the midtones. I like it better in color.

Thabjs for thw feedback :)

Good shot of a nice location with good even light.

To me, the old building would be more interesting with an old bike.

And the composition feels "cramped" in the middle to me..... as in out of vertical space. It makes me want to crop different, and maybe even shoot in portrait.

Not saying it would be better... but that would be the first thing I'd want to try.

The B&W conversion needs a bit more contrast, but not bad at all!

What I meant by making it square was to crop off the sides and change it into a square format image with the bike & window in the center.

It's a near miss for me. It's too static, everything being centered. As has been noted, an old school bike would have made the shot more cohesive, I think.

Since you're into playing with the image, maybe try sliding the bike back so the window is more or less over the front wheel, then crop a bit from the left.

EDIT: I'd masked the image to simulate a crop from the sides, just as Serena suggested, but didn't like it as much as I hoped I would.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back