Simply lost motivation

UUilliam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am studying photography in college but...
I have lost all motivation.
I do not even care if I pass or fail...
I have spent the last year "learning" stuff I already knew.
the ONLY thing I learned was dark room (12 week course).
I also got to use the studio to build a portfolio of portraits, but that is all.

I now have 3 weeks left but I simply can not be bothered (not laziness) to complete remaining work.

I think it may be due to the last block (each block is 12 weeks) where we were doing Communications and I had passed it, but one of the other guys copied my work (without my knowledge) thus causing me to fail due to that.
yet, the guy done it to a girl in the class in the corporate course, she was allowed to continue as normal, even although she knowingly gave him her work...

Now, I am the guy who helps everyone out in college, if they can't get the right effect, set up or don't know photoshop etc...
So the justice here doesn't seem very fair.
To add injury to insult... the guy dropped out a while back... That basically means I failed that class for nothing.

What I have left to do in 3 weeks:
Write an evaluation for 5 photographs of my own (portraiture)
Print 5 portraits at a pro lab
put 10 portraits on a disc (including those 5 we print)
Write an evaluation for 4 still life photographs (of mine)
Print 4 still life photographs at a pro lab
Place 8 still life images (control shot and final) on a disk
Make a poster for corporate
Make a presentation
print a contact sheet
evaluate corporate
Create a website with images and written content
draw storyboards for the website
get 100 photographs of strangers (in a similar style to Michael itkoff) (the requirement was only 10 but I put it to 100 in my brief since 10 photographs is pityful).
Print 10 of the photographs
get a book with all 100 made
write an evaluation on my project
write 2 research books for 2 different (reknown) photographers that do something similar (it is 3 but have 1 done).
This includes at least 2 pages of information on the photographer, evaluate 10 of their images then anything else you can find on them.
then mount all of the project into a3 black books (perfectly aligned).

So yeah... I have no motivation for it anymore.

I mean, a college course on photography that consists of 5% photography and 95% of written work... nah thanks.
It is only a hnc, I don't need a degree in it, it is over-rated, some of the people in the class still don't understand how to work exposure, they shoot in auto or aperture priority when using STUDIO lighting...
I mean, DAMN.
Most of them are nice enough people and the lecturers seem okay but i can't buck up the motivation to do any of the work now... I open up word then just stare at it.

As I've gotten older I've noticed I tend to regret the things I didn't do more so than the things I did. You never know what those things are until they are long past. Which is a bit of pain in the ass.

Make a bet with someone on your grade for the final works.
They get the better grade, you owe them 200 bucks, vice versa.
There's some motivation =p

I just completed a biomedical sciences degree I determined in second year I hated. My advice is to power through it. It sucks, but at least finish the year. You have put in so much effort already don't put that all to waste. You'll be glad you did at the end.

Just thought I should update this,

With 2 weeks left I got over the barrier and completed (and sent away my work to get printed)
Got it all in for the deadline and have passed with an A for graded unit (he said I just got the A but... since I done it in 2 weeks instead of 12... I am pleased with that.)
and I passed everything else too!

The stress was GREAT really helps motivate me, almost like a drug I suppose, and that is why I don't need drugs :D haha.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back