Since they said "Please." Hi Ya'all!

SeattleDan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Retired/disabled - perched over a river near Seattle - Howdy!

Just bought a Lumix G10 yesterday, because of the manual features and hope to learn a few things. (I need a "Guide for the Compleate Idiot").

I'm very disappointed with the zoom ability of the standard kit lens, and digital zoom feature, in this G10. I Can't focus for beans at higher magnifications. I can see Hummingbirds and Juncos in a tree 30 feet away, and ducks in the river, 60-100 feet away, better with my naked eye. It's terrible. I was hoping to entertain myself photographing them.

I'm hoping I just need education, and that this highly recommended little gizmo, isn't under-featured, just to get me to buy a telephoto lens from them. Really, I had better close up ability with an old L-4 point and shoot.... well, that might be an exaggeration, but not much.

grrr... lol. I guess that's ONE way of saying "hello," eh?

I hope you all had a fine holiday season.

It is not about the zoom Dan. It is about image quality. I cant even zoom with my favorite lenses. Welcome!

Well, that explains that, eh? To photograph my ducks, geese, eagles, hawks, hummingbirds, osprey, etc.... I'll need a telephoto lens or something, I guess. The image quality with this camera is A S T O U N D I N G.... I must say.

I'm going to learn how to use these manual settings with a variety of light challenges. My deck faces East and slightly North, with the Sunshine in the blasting in, in the morning, and shade in the afternoon... especially in Summer. I enjoyed your photos there, Schwett. You make it look easy. Since your post, I'm experimenting with shooting with autofocus, a bit blind on a cloudy day here.... then will see if my camera's sensitivity may compensate for my blindness here.... in the lcd at least.

Most reactions

Back