IMG_7987.jpg
IMG_8080.jpg
IMG_8084.jpg
IMG_8092.jpg
IMG_8103.jpg
IMG_8218-Edit.jpg

Last edited:
those are very nice.

All of them are really well taken. I would love to see more variety in the posing, more angles of her face, and some more life from her expressions. That's a lot easier said than done sometimes if your subject isn't experienced or confident with being in front of a camera. The lighting and processing are really great in all of the shots. I think positioning the light at a higher angle could sculpt her cheekbones and give the lighting a more glamorous look, but it's great lighting regardless.

The first one and the last one are the standouts to me; they have the most life and show interesting angles of your model's face, especially in the last shot.

This shot (https://matthewdeguara.com/sharefolder/maronia/IMG_7987.jpg) is technically really well done; the focus, lighting, exposure, composition and editing are all really spot on, but in my opinion her expression really kills the shot. Everything about the shot is soft and peaceful, but the expression makes her look very annoyed like she's thinking "take the picture already so we can be done).

Last edited:
Great set! Really well done with the lighting. Did you use a modifier? The second to last is my favorite of the set but #6 and #8 are also lovely. The third shot is great but for me I’d do a tighter crop there and get rid of some of that sky.

Thanks guys!

This is the first time for this model posing in front of the camera and it was hard for her to pose.

SquarePeg: Yes I have used a reflector and modifier. These were shot with a Canon 6d and Sigma 70-200 2.8 (first ever version) and a single speedlight using HSS.

Amaizing set!

This is the first time for this model posing in front of the camera and it was hard for her to pose.
If I could make a suggestion, I find that it helps to have photo reference with you on set. I have a large binder full of magazine tear sheets and some posing guides that I take with me to most photo shoots, that way I have reference to use for my own inspiration, as well as something to show the models so they have an understanding of what to do as well. This helps even when you're working with experienced models as well; if you have a certain mood and concept in mind and you have some reference photos to show the model, it will help them better convey the idea behind the photos.

Last edited:
If I could make a suggestion, I find that it helps to have photo reference with you on set. I have a large binder full of magazine tear sheets and some posing guides that I take with me to most photo shoots, that way I have reference to use for my own inspiration, as well as something to show the models so they have an understanding of what to do as well. This helps even when you're working with experienced models as well; if you have a certain mood and concept in mind and you have some reference photos to show the model, it will help them better convey the idea behind the photos.

That is actually a good idea and I will definitely try it during my next shoot!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back