Sirui Monopod

Space Face

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've just bought a used Sirui P-426SR carbon monopod. Sirui seem to get great reviews. Hadn't been aware of them til recently. Just wondered if anyone had any hands on experience.

OP
Space Face

Space Face

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
This model seems to go for around 350 our British pounds if bought here. It can be bought cheaper from China but I didn't want to go that route and it may incur import charges too. Apparently the one I've ordered has been used once so pristine as new condition. I got it for just over a third of the UK rrp.

OP
Space Face

Space Face

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, it's arrived. First impressions are that it's very well constructed. I'll hopefully get it put through it's paces with the 500 f/4L in the next couple days or so.

pendennis

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I found a used P/224SR at my local used shop about 6 months ago. I've used it with my D750/200-500mm f/5.6, and I'm very pleased with its stability. The added 3-feet feature is really handy, also. The only thing I changed was to remove the ball head, and replace it with a Manfrotto pistol-grip.

OP
Space Face

Space Face

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I found a used P/224SR at my local used shop about 6 months ago. I've used it with my D750/200-500mm f/5.6, and I'm very pleased with its stability. The added 3-feet feature is really handy, also. The only thing I changed was to remove the ball head, and replace it with a Manfrotto pistol-grip.

Thanks. Mine didn't come with a head but I have 2 gimbals and I think 3 other heads of various sizes and styles so I've a choice. Depends on what lens I'm using for what purpose I suppose.

Cheers for the input, appreciated.

Nevermore1

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I have the ET-2204 tripod I got several years ago, I haven't used it much but have been very happy with it when I have. I got it based on the recommendation of my local camera shop.

OP
Space Face

Space Face

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have the ET-2204 tripod I got several years ago, I haven't used it much but have been very happy with it when I have. I got it based on the recommendation of my local camera shop.

Nice one, cheers. They do seem to be well recommended.

nokk

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
just had to google if this was the same company that made the anamorphic lenses and it is the same company. interesting.

OP
Space Face

Space Face

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
just had to google if this was the same company that made the anamorphic lenses and it is the same company. interesting.

Which company?

nokk

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit

ronlane

What's next?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Photos OK to edit
I've been using one of their monopods for years. The one I got was $99 and is still a solid workhorse for me using a 1Dx and a 300mm f/2.8 version I.

OP
Space Face

Space Face

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Outside I use a Manfrotto element occasionally with heavier glass, but for portraits I find it constraining, might as well use a tripod.

OP
Space Face

Space Face

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Outside I use a Manfrotto element occasionally with heavier glass, but for portraits I find it constraining, might as well use a tripod.

I have a Manfrotto, the one with the trigger grip. Good pod but getting a bit old and stiff now. Like some I could name:D

Most reactions