Sister-in-law goes to another photographer ..... and talks about it constantly

Next time she wants to show you the photos, sit there and pick them apart. Point out every mistake made, how this or that is bad. Now, if they are perfect... Well, just say the subject is ugly... roflmao.

I might point out obvious errors in the photos, but if they were good, I would just say so. No need to be rude.

I would normally agree with you. I am normally a very pleasant fellow. However, this woman is being a very obvious D-Bag. People like this get what they get because they seem to like to give it. But, knowing me, I would probably just shut up and take it. Up until a point...

My sister-in-law, who I have known for more than 10 years, since her brother and I were dating and been married, uses another photographer for all her photos.>>SNIP>>
OK. Go. tell me to suck it up and stop being such a whiner. I know. I need to hear it.

Here, let me call a whaaaambulance for you, mmmkay? Must be tough. Maybe someday she'll switch? I would try to keep this from bothering me if I were you; judging by the way she talks about it, she sounds like a real passive-aggressive bi-atch type of sister-in-law. She's probably doing this deliberately, just to needle you. By worrying about it, you're playing right into her hands. If I were you, I would play this a little bit more cagey, and would start suggesting other photographers to her, with comments like, "You should have Stuart Superior do your next family photos--he's sooooooo talented.Oh, but you probably can't afford him though. Hmmm, maybe you should call and see if you could get a booking with Sally Spencer Photos...no, wait, she's probably too expensive for you too....hmmm. I KNOW!!! You might be able to get a booking with Randy Fai-san, he's that hot new Vietnamese photog in town....oh....but you probably don't like Vietnamese people, do you...hmmmm...well, anyway, I was just thinking maybe you ought to try some shots with one of the high-end people in town.Not that your guy is not good or anything, but, you know..."

Seriously---I would start making some subtle psychological warfare remarks like those above. You sister-in-law sounds like a first class bi-atch to me. If she's going to constantly keep bringing this chit up, then you SISTER, need to start fighting fire with fire, and put her in her place with some subtle innuendo about not being able to AFFORD a BETTER shooter!!!

"Fire, I'd like you to meet fire!"

Derrel you so mean! I like it! haha. Also, to the OP. Next time she wants to show you the photos, sit there and pick them apart. Point out every mistake made, how this or that is bad. Now, if they are perfect... Well, just say the subject is ugly... roflmao.

You guys are cracking me up. But I do want to make one thing clear to some other posters...I'm not upset she chooses another photographer, just that she talks about it all the time. So maybe I will fight fire with fire soon. :) And the photos are technically nice. there just isn't anything special about them to me. But again, if she likes boring, more power to her. Just shut up about them. Besides, since I posted this, I told her nicely how I felt. Instead of understanding she got snotty with me and has now stopped talking to me. So, eh, guess that solves my problem. LOL.

Run naked into the vow exchange. Photographing that would be a fiasco.

It's pretty clear who would have the last laugh.

My running naked into anything would be quite a horrible shock..not funny at all! LOL! Maybe I can pay someone else to do it.

^^^^^^^ Where in Pa?

photogir2002 said:
SNIP>>> since I posted this, I told her nicely how I felt. Instead of understanding she got snotty with me and has now stopped talking to me. So, eh, guess that solves my problem. LOL.

For me at least, that statement you made confirms my belief that she is indeed a passive-aggressive bi-atch, and that she actually WAS getting off on needling you!!!!

This thread is CLOSED.

Well, since I have no authority to actually close a thread I, like Mishele, want to know where you are going to run naked...

so we can take photos. :)

This thread is CLOSED.

Well, since I have no authority to actually close a thread I, like Mishele, want to know where you are going to run naked...

so we can take photos. :)

With our motor advances set to Continuous-High Speed, our fastest CF card in the camera, and our external flash power packs...you know, just to make SURE we get lots of good shots...

I love naked people!!

My running naked into anything would be quite a horrible shock..not funny at all! LOL! Maybe I can pay someone else to do it.

^^^^^^^ Where in Pa?

I, like Mishele, want to know where you are going to run naked... so we can take photos. :)

I guess I misunderstood, I though mishele was volunteering for the job!
smiley-running.gif

lol Sure why not.......when and where......:sexywink::lol:

Hold on just one damn second. Before anyone runs thru a wedding ceremony nekkid, I think we have the right to see a photo of that person in clothing before my/our eyes are exposed to something that may do serious harm to our retinas. My eyes are old but I can still see and I am able to discern between nudity and raw nakedness. Pictures please before we head to Northern Pa. for the wedding. LOL!

Hold on just one damn second. Before anyone runs thru a wedding ceremony nekkid, I think we have the right to see a photo of that person in clothing before my/our eyes are exposed to something that may do serious harm to our retinas. My eyes are old but I can still see and I am able to discern between nudity and raw nakedness. Pictures please before we head to Northern Pa. for the wedding. LOL!

Good sir, I will NOT be running naked in front of anyone! Not even my husband. LOL!

Misch is welcome to do what she wants, though. Now, I can close this thread, once I figure out how to.

It continues only in my SIL is no longer speaking to me (more power to her, because I swear I expressed my discomfort in the nicest way possible and then she took a follow up comment completely out of context, blew it into something it was not and said she had more important things to think about. More important than hurting family members feelings I suppose). Other than that, issue gone, I'm growing a thicker skin and am learning that it could be style people like rather than disliking me (though I am pretty sure she dislikes me now.) :lol:

Time to put on the big girl pants and get over it. Want to know what working for family is like? Both sides of my family feel self-entitled to any pictures that I've taken, full-resolution, prints at cost for whatever they please. So who cares that they're getting work done by someone else? It's a blessing in disguise.

Most reactions

Back