Site blocked on some network (or: client blocked on TPF)?

enzodm

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In the last few days I was not able to connect to TPF from my home network. Initially I supposed the site was down, but then on workplace I was able again to connect (and computer is the same).
Back home, I discovered from my network even ping is not able to find TPF (including when looking directly for the IP address). So it is not matter of browser, cookies, etc.

At now I have two hypotheses: one is TPF is blocking my IP address (which, like others from commercial providers, may have been caught in some antispam blacklist). The other is that TPF is being blocked by my network provider.

I start from the easiest side: is TPF using some blacklist like spamhaus or similar? If so, I'll check if my home IP address is listed there. Thanks.

We do block IP addresses of spammers...so it's possible that yours was blocked as well.
Post your IP and I think we can check it.

We do block IP addresses of spammers...so it's possible that yours was blocked as well.
Post your IP and I think we can check it.

thank you, the address was 80.180.110.138, but in the meantime I connected and disconnected my router, the address changed and now seems all ok. However, if you can check, it could be useful incase it happens again. My ADSL provider is the largest in Italy, and I imagine addresses are blocked in ranges in case one behaves badly.

I didn't see that it was banned, but it seems that your provider uses a dynamic system, as you have a huge list of IP addresses associated with your account.

So I'd guess that maybe the did have you one one that was banned (maybe a different one that what you listed)...I'm not sure. I'm certainly no expert on this stuff.

Most reactions

Back