Skating/Biking Photography

MagnumPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is just a compilation of photographs I have taken over the course of the last few months.
I'm trying to get them out there, what I really want is some well rounded critiquing. Not the 'That's a good shot' or 'Awesome!' I'd be happy to get those compliments but I would rather some nice insight on the photographs.

So here they are.

Oh, and I don't know how this works out but (if for some odd reason) you want to use my photos for whatever it may be.
Just ask, and I'll be happy to see what I can do. [=

DSC_0196.jpg

DSC_0665.jpg

DSC_0634.jpg

DSC_0640.jpg

DSC_0543.jpg

DSC_0553.jpg

DSC_0521.jpg

DSC_0533.jpg

DSC_0532.jpg

DSC_0513.jpg

DSC_0507.jpg

l_4d6e14f1e2aa415cad7d7017d4909b0f.jpg

l_9a7e0c1837394a8ab709dbd82ca95a66.jpg

PaulBluhdFBFFinal.jpg

PaulBluhdFBF2-1.jpg

Bikesequence.jpg

(its abnormally small because I had to grab the photos off of my msypace prior to making the sequence. I lost the originals.)

over all.. your timing for these photos is GREAT!!!.... usually i see people trying to action sports photography.. and i see shots that are taken WAY to early and WAY to late, but i think u did a great job with that. favorite shots are 1 and 13.. also i think you should consider buying urself a 2 vivitar 285HV's or maybe sunpack555, and some ebay triggers or if you have the money, pocket wizard. both those fashes are really great for of camera lighting and are pretty much staples in the action sports photo industry. getting those would let you make the subject really pop from the photo and not be so dark. also for #13 i think i woulda been better if you just used that last shot and had a flash aimed at him.. thats all i got to say

9 is the best imo.. With a little bit of PP it would be even better. As Rom4n301 said, some flashes would really help some of these pop!!

i'll have to agree with everyone else, you definitely need some lighting. if you ever look in any bmx/skate magazines you'll know the photos always have some kind of epic lighting

9 is the best imo.. With a little bit of PP it would be even better. As Rom4n301 said, some flashes would really help some of these pop!!
9 is good.. but in an action sports photography sense its not because u do not see were hes coming from or were hes going to land

I knew I was forgetting a photo, this is one of my most recent ones (it goes along with the two last skate sequences) C&C greatly appreciated.

DSC_0146-1.jpg

The arm is chopped off, I think the face is a little soft, and the face is a tad dark. all composition aside, hows it look for a skate photo? I think it would be better if you could see the ramp?

would be A LOT better if u saw the ramp/ also.. its crooked and thats bad..

I'd rather see his arm than the ramp...you could even get away with just the sky and they subject. Darn that you cut his arm off! =(

Not bad, I like number 1 the best I think. My friend does skateboarding photography also, he shoots some for Transworld if you know that magazine

Here's his flickr if you want to check his stuff out and get some ideas:
Skateboarding - a set on Flickr

I'd rather see his arm than the ramp...you could even get away with just the sky and they subject. Darn that you cut his arm off! =(
even if you saw his arm.. it would be a poor skateboarding shot overall.. i mean.. hes not a bird.. there needs to be a point from which he is coming.. unless of course he is a bird and im just crazy.. there needs to be both..the arm and the ramp

Not bad, I like number 1 the best I think. My friend does skateboarding photography also, he shoots some for Transworld if you know that magazine

the transworld mag always has nice photos!!.. pretty cool you know someone from there

the transworld mag always has nice photos!!.. pretty cool you know someone from there

haha yeah they do! My brother works directly for them, he does the videos for their website!

Most reactions

Back