sky and sculpture

Tangerini

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm still having a bit of an issue getting the web photo to look like the edited ps version...
This is fairly close
skysculpt1.jpg

Taken a couple of weeks ago on my way home from Heron chasing.
Thanks for looking :)

this looks pretty good to me... can you explain your problem a bit more in detail ?

1. the sky in the lower part of the frame is too overexposed.. hitting my eyes.

2. the sculpture being the only subject in a portrait (vertical) frame, have you considered centering it rather than leaving the space on the right ?

good job done...

I was misunderstanding the color profiles... I think I have a better grasp.
Here's another try...

sculptsky.jpg

I only cropped in slightly from the original, I felt that the clouds to the right of the sculpture help to weigh the balance. I'm interested in knowing if anyone else feels it's off balance/should be centered?

I can see what you mean sayambhu, about the lower clouds being a bit blown, but I thought it an alright sacrifice to leave some detail on the sculpture (not silhouetting it completely)

Tangerini... I really like it. Infact you have inspired me. There is a sculpture that I keep going by (which is really really shiny) and I would like to take a picture of it. I will have to give your idea a try :D.

Tangerini... I really like it. Infact you have inspired me. There is a sculpture that I keep going by (which is really really shiny) and I would like to take a picture of it. I will have to give your idea a try :D.

Wow, thank you! :blushing:

Tangerini - for every photograph you take - you are the god ! :) stick onto what looks best to you. its only then that people would get to identify your different styles and the sway out of convention !

it looks great now with a bit trimmed from the right - well done my friend, keep it up. :thumbup:

PS : let me know when you have a shot like this again, please !

Most reactions

New Topics

Back